Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my gt3 20- 110 run.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo mad
    heres 1 off mine to 80mph, seb 4.1 running 15psi

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=SV_A0005.flv
    Nippy for 15psi

Punto Enthusiast
    compare that with mine 30-80 and there is no difference...........im also running 16psi with a stage 1 turbo. Dawes device on the way so i can run 18psi

Darren

No offence taken, I sold it coz it was slow

I didn't count that much difference between my vid and the original vid posted, I must be honest - only about 6 seconds

7.92 was frame against frame from 60-100, doing the same run with Klaxon was about 8.5 on one vid and nearly 10 on the other when it was overrevved! Anyway, that's besides the point - this thread was about someone wanting vids of a modified Punto to compare against, which is what I gave him.
    Last edited by Debo; 19th August 2007 at 18:01.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

It impossible to compare these videos.

All my old crap were on 17s (speedo underreads) running tight on a misbored engine. Yours were on smaller wheels.

There is a **** load of difference between a 220hp car and your video.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

Show me.. c0ck nose

Preferably with the car starting in 3rd, like I did.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    Show me.. c0ck nose

Preferably with the car starting in 3rd, like I did.
    No.

I think you would be silly to do a 60-100 from 2nd? Third would be the only choice.

The very fact that even a pencil head would a wooden leg doing a 20s quarter in a 220hp punto would still cross the line at 100mph, added to the fact your video looks like a Seb2 car, and its 7.92929594594s from a video (PMSL). 17s just doesnt wash Mr Go-Karting Champion. If you can drive a go-kart you'll be fairly good to launch a car.

Karting and launching a road car on a track I've never seen before on a day hotter than any we've had this year, are uncomparible.

I didn't do a 20 second quarter either, it was an 18.5 and a 17.2. I only had those 2 runs and knocked off more than a second just with a 60ft .3 faster, on the second run Doesn't that say something? You're also not mentioning that people with 60ft's a whole second and more, faster than mine, were crossing the line SLOWER... There was only Dan quicker through the trap on the day.

SEB cars do 62mph in 2nd gear and carry forward momentum when accelerating up to 60 and past it, I started in 3rd gear below 60mph, i.e I didn't run past it from 2nd.

As I've said in the past, you're full of s**t - the sooner people one here start seeing that (some already have) the better. You have no proof, no nothing of anything. Get a vid of a SEB2 and a SEB4 Punto doing the same run to compare.. I know you haven't got any to hand, and that's why you can't prove anything, other than the fact you make stuff up as you go along

Read what you want to read and believe what you want to believe. If you'd rather me sit here and rattle off a list of POTR products that made my car slow, I'm more than happy to do so. Then try selling the same parts to others. Think about it. Tit.
    Last edited by Debo; 19th August 2007 at 18:29.

The words are out

Yep, rattle away.

Must have been the POTR pistons, big valve head, and tubular exhaust manifold that made my car so slow!!!

Other than the SEB, what do you sell alot of again.. oh.... yeah, the above

So, a notice to anyone wanting to tune their GT - be careful when choosing your parts, particularly if you are considering the POTR BVH, exhaust manifold or any internal engine componants - because they make your car slow apparently, as seen in the vid I posted on page 1 of this thread.

Take away the timing, and just look at the vids that are being compared here. The difference is massive. None of us have timing equipment to hand, so we just have to take speedo readings at face value.

Keep going

I said even 3 years ago, fitting that lot with an md103 will hold it back. And for the sake of our 'audience' Hi everyone. Manifolds, heads and **** slow your car down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast