Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kanye west

Bobbilinda
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Dance music never left, it just disappeared from the mainstream which was good for the genre.

Then people like Cascada come around with there **** heap scouse house and all the little 12 year old kids start thinking its amazing. Same with this "bassline" or whatever its called. Its garage. Simple as. Apart from old skool 4x4 garage was a damn sight better.

Anyway, Rant over. Continue with your day!
    So true!!

Punto Lover
    not really into much dance but I wasnt saying dance had left im on about Rap artists using dance samples in their songs. Bar Kanye and Wale there isn't many mainstream rap artists that use (noticeable)dance samples. But I have heard a lot of Dj's using Rap vocals in their tracks for hooks . Saying American rappers are ripping off european dance style is complete bullshit because in this day and age every genre rips off each other.

On a side note I hate that basshunter song thats on about every compilation album advert! If I could ban one song, that would be it!
    Last edited by Nod; 14th April 2008 at 12:38.

yeah... if u like kanye west, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

imo rap nowadays including kanye west is crap. i'll listen to some proper rap artists from time to time like tupac, nas and rakim etc but all this new stuff like kanye west and 50cent is so lame and cheesy.

Punto Lover
    50 cent is definately cheesy, but kanye is a genius. I use to be really into proper hip-hop like KRS,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Bambaataa etc and still sort of am just not as much ive kinda came to a point where I don't really care because the rap industry is in such a bad state at the moment and as much as you debate about T-Pain not being Hip-Hop but just being Pop crap people don't listen. That's why you have people like soulja boy on the television 24/7 rather than artists like The Roots.

rap is fail.

kanye west is fail.

basshunters new song is fail.

the original, 'boten anna' is much better.

but basshunters other work is good.

and kanye should of left harder better faster stronger alone, annoys me when people say.

''Isnt this kanye west? omg, what have they done to the songg''
    when i've played the original.

Gah.

Punto know it all
    Same with Busta Rhymes - Touch it

grrrrrrr

....yeah -- I thought I'd pipe in and say that people are getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- it's pretty easy to find, just put 'euro club hits' into itunes or check this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

Punto Lover
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Are these bots or something?

Gail doesn't sound very Asian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123