Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 civic type R

Asking Punto GT owners isnt going to give you a good answer is it!?!?!

Totally different cars, its no suprise you cant compare the two and its bad enough that a reasonably modified 94 GT could keep up with one.

The main difference is (imo) that as soon as you get in a CTR you lose all rarity you have in a car. The GT is becoming very rare these days, the CTRs are becoming more common.
    Punto Gt no more!

You do know that turbo's were introduced to compensate for mechanical inefficiencies don't you?

I take your point though, but sadly, Honda don't believe in F/I, except on Diesels.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    You do know that turbo's were introduced to compensate for mechanical inefficiencies don't you?

I take your point though, but sadly, Honda don't believe in F/I, except on Diesels.
    They do a forking good job at overcoming mechanical efficiencies however.
    Punto Gt no more!

Punto know it all
    ill say this now, keep this thread away from anti gt/anti type R.

thanks.

Been been beginning the mother to let me take my Dads 190hp CRX for a brap today, but the miserable bitch wouldnt let me...

It sounds nice, but has never felt as quick or more importantly exsiting then my own car. Was in a friends GTi-6 lastnight and it 'was' quick but not neck snapping or blistering quick, but it managed 120+ easily and in not to long a time either, a CTRs not gona be a bad car in any way but its wether you want ditch turbo power for Vtec.

Personally i wouldnt have one (not at the minute) cus there everywhere, and theres even more of the new one! I would have an EK9 Type-R though, saw one a month back and it was gorgeous!!!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman

Personally i wouldnt have one (not at the minute) cus there everywhere, and theres even more of the new one! I would have an EK9 Type-R though, saw one a month back and it was gorgeous!!!
    bang on dan! EK9 type-R looks so much better. Am i right in thinking they only did a 1.6 for the Ek9 tho?

no im sure its a 2litre 16valve V-tec, but there import only.

Or is it a 1.6, that made about 180horse standard? i forget... old age!

Punto know it all
    it might be the best 6 speed gear box, but the designer was drunk or high or both when he placed the gear stick poking out of the dash! WTF is that all about.

but there are too many about, i'm tempted by the civic coupe though, 1.7 vtec. nice, and not so common.

Midland Events Organiser
    the gearstick is in the perfect position imo. Debo is right,ive owned all standard ones,raced on with a str8 thru,manifold and filter,and only pulled away by 1 length. When i test drove one,it didnt feel like 200bhp,it was more refined,suppose thats the difference in power curve to a T25 snapping ur neck off.
    Depends wot u want in a car,i like ppl lookin at my car wondering wots under the hood,and being amazed when they get beaten. I like the surprise factor.

Quote Originally Posted by GTBen
    the gearstick is in the perfect position imo. Debo is right,ive owned all standard ones,raced on with a str8 thru,manifold and filter,and only pulled away by 1 length. When i test drove one,it didnt feel like 200bhp,it was more refined,suppose thats the difference in power curve to a T25 snapping ur neck off.
    Depends wot u want in a car,i like ppl lookin at my car wondering wots under the hood,and being amazed when they get beaten. I like the surprise factor.
    my point exactly, i loved owning my gt, and it was down to the suprise factor, held off many type-r's and said good bye to a few aswell, as said earlier there not really cars you can compare, many seem to like ctr's due to having power with no lag but lets face it a turbo kicks in at lower revs than a v-tec so god knows where that theory comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast