Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan the Insurance Man

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans
    You get around this by not paying out for a replacement though. e.g. I have 2k of wheels. You don't increase the policy, though if they get stolen you don't replace them.
    On mine they pay for a replacement aftermarket part not an original Fiat replacement. Eg, I will recieve another mongoose exhaust and not a standard one. Well thats what they told me, I'm yet to find out first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    On mine they pay for a replacement aftermarket part not an original Fiat replacement. Eg, I will recieve another mongoose exhaust and not a standard one. Well thats what they told me, I'm yet to find out first hand.
    Thats the case in some policies and where they do its spelled out in the agreement that like for like is replaced. However I was referring to insurnance for spanner heads who pay £2k on £400 car who will change everything without increase in premium. :0)

PSC Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by beau
    hmmmm i just phoned, alloys and tinted windows added £150 (was 1950, with mods was 2100 and something) onto the policy??
    Hello,

If you pm me your client ref i can look into this for you.

Dan.

Banned
    Well i just tried getting a online quote from AF......and they won't insure me because im only 20

punto84
    so wot exterior modifications could i have that didnt affect the insurance? or might me easier, wot will you charge for?

PSC Trader
    hmmmm i just phoned, alloys and tinted windows added £150 (was 1950, with mods was 2100 and something) onto the policy??
    Hi,

Your original quote was on a standard car and the next quote was with your mods included.

We don't charge when you have a policy with us and put on cosmetic mods but when getting a quote it will be reflected in the price.

Dan.

PSC sex offender no.1
    I was with Flux (well still am with the Stilo) and my mods didn't make any major difference to the premium.
    It was originally insured with alloys and induction....and ended up with alloys, induction, custom cat-back and sports cat, performance manifold, angels eyes, carbon bonnet, strut brace and rear clusters...and in total the premium went up about £20.
    I personally can't fault them

right, hope someone knows about this...

im with adrian flux, paying monthly.

i going to sell my car soon, and i wont have a car for a while, while im looking, and then once i have a car, it should be cheaper than my current one to insure.

my insurance says-

if you change your vehicle or wish to change your policy in anyway we MUST be advised beforehand

what the hell does that mean? and what do i do when i sell it and dont have a car for a while? hope someone understands what im asking! thanks.

Punto Lover
    if you change your vehicle or wish to change your policy in anyway we MUST be advised beforehand

what the hell does that mean? and what do i do when i sell it and dont have a car for a while? hope someone understands what im asking! thanks.
    well boo it means before you go driving a new car you buy you must tell the insurance company before you drive it

and just keep the insurance running on the punto till find a new one

Punto Enthusiast
    From what I remember you need to ring your insurance company once you have sold your current car and get them to suspend (freeze) your policy until the time comes to pick up your new car, at which point you contact Flux again and ask them to unfreeze the policy and transfer it across to the new car.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast