Thread: GT is ALIVE!!! :)

Punto know it all

GT is ALIVE!!! :)

drove up and down the road to clear up the old oil in the pipes, and for now everything seems to be fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35srqKlvkok

while fitting the turbo i blocked the nipple on the compressor housing and redirected the vacuum pipe and T-pieced it into the inlet manifold, so now the actuator reads the boost straight from the inlet manifold, eliminating any boost loss.. i have also noticed the car feels more responsive and holds more boost throught the rev range

Midland Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo
    drove up and down the road to clear up the old oil in the pipes, and for now everything seems to be fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35srqKlvkok

while fitting the turbo i blocked the nipple on the compressor housing and redirected the vacuum pipe and T-pieced it into the inlet manifold, so now the actuator reads the boost straight from the inlet manifold, eliminating any boost loss.. i have also noticed the car feels more responsive and holds more boost throught the rev range
    U temp gauge is halfway? Take it ud been driving it before? Ade said that this hole inlet boost pressure thing is rubbish,i cant remember wot he said,im sure he will remind me

Punto know it all
    yep, been driving around making sure that it was smoking because of the old oil in the pipes, not coz of turbo itself or anything else..

well, first time i drove this car so cant really comment tbh, but compared to my last GT, (which was standard like this one) i can feel some difference but these two being different cars im not gona say that this is a 100% fact.. i could be wrong

..second thoughts, that setup will probably make difference for those who has a bleed valve as its adjusted manually.. after doing this the boost might creep up by 1 or 2psi..

right now mine hits 1.6bar and it drops gradually to about 1bar.. which felt quick for what it is...
    Last edited by PuntoGTturbo; 31st May 2007 at 00:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Midland Events Organiser
    is that standard turbo?

Gearbox Abuser
    i like the way you comment "lets see if the car starts" then it does and the fan kicks in lol...

funny, cos you knew it would start cos youd had it running for like an hour previous

anyway mate, theres nothing more satifying than fixing a car and it working perfect.

Punto know it all
    lol.. i was working under direct sun light, water must of reached its boiling point ..im not a good lier am i?

Quote Originally Posted by ben_ward2oo5
    is that standard turbo?
    yea its a standard turbo mate, i wana record a video and post it up when i sort out the MOT and tax.. the boost gauge reaches all the way to 1.6bar and drops slowly to a bar, even in second gear... starting to think that its a bit too much

Midland Events Organiser
    think 1.6 maybe too much on a standard turbo. not sure tho