Thread: Phone Unlocking

Punto Sports Club Member webber77's Avatar

Phone Unlocking

Does anyone know of any good sites that give mobile phone unlocking codes? I've got a phone thats on Orange but I want to put my O2 sim card in.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Broom Yellow Gt3
    Seb2 Chip, Piper X Induction Kit, Baileys DV26, Samco Piping, Powerflow Custom Exhaust and De-cat, 2 Bar Boost Guage, Anthracite Coupe 20vT Alloys, -50mm Gmax Kit, Black Angel Eyes, Tinted Rear Lights

What phone is it mate? Most older style nokia's can be unlocked via IMEI, however none of the BB5 handsets can be unlocked via that method yet.

Mediapixel Ltd
    as far as i know most phones need to be flashed using software and a usb cable..

where do you enter such code?

Its a Nokia 6233. I put the O2 sim in, and a message came up saying phone unlock code and needed me to enter a code.

Broom Yellow Gt3
    Seb2 Chip, Piper X Induction Kit, Baileys DV26, Samco Piping, Powerflow Custom Exhaust and De-cat, 2 Bar Boost Guage, Anthracite Coupe 20vT Alloys, -50mm Gmax Kit, Black Angel Eyes, Tinted Rear Lights

If you insert another sim card from a different network you will be asked for the lock code, this code can be generated on any DCT3 and DCT4 nokia without any cables or flash boxes.

However most other handsets require a log file to be downloaded from the handset before the code can be calculated, that requires a lead to connect the handset up to the PC.

Mediapixel Ltd
    im sure ive seen people on ebay sell unlock codes for 99p

I've got all leads and everything, it was an old contract phone I got, brand new in the box and everything. If theres any links to any programmes, sites etc I'd be greatful if you could help m,e.

Broom Yellow Gt3

Quote Originally Posted by webber77
    Its a Nokia 6233. I put the O2 sim in, and a message came up saying phone unlock code and needed me to enter a code.
    Cant see that model on the list however its worth a go. Remove the battery and check the IMEI number (printed on the handset behind battery) matches the number that comes up when you press *#06#.

If it does then type it into this website:

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

Leave Gen on New Griffin as this unlocks most nokias. Next insert your new sim card, when switching the handset on you will be told invalid sim, then it will ask you to enter a lock code, enter the number generated by the above website and this should unlock your handset.

Like I said, your phone model isnt on the list but its worth a shot, enter it as 6230 as im sure the 6233 is just upgraded firmware.

Excellent, cheers Barry, will try this later

Broom Yellow Gt3