Thread: Advice on Digicam

Punto Lover

Advice on Digicam

I know there is a thread already regarding digital cameras...but I have a different query!

I am looking for a compact camers, not a big one that can take SLR quality pics, just a nice wee affordable camera that will fit in a pocket...but at the same time can take decent pics when asked to!

I currently have a FujiFilm one that i bought for £170 a few years back in a sale and its ****. Any sort of movement in my hands and the pic turns out blurry. So looking for a wee camera that has some sort of antimovement type thing!

Anyone got any tips?

The only problem with a smaller/lighter camera is that it's even harder to hold still. Thats why I like my S5600. It is hard to hold still but it's got a slight bit of weight to it witch helps and you can get a good grip on it.

Spoiled Brat
    I've got a Samsung S600 6.0Megapixels.. Does the job.. Cost £160 a year ago with case (Although I've lost it), 512mb mem card, plus an extra £20 for Insurance because I break everything

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting 16v
    The only problem with a smaller/lighter camera is that it's even harder to hold still. Thats why I like my S5600. It is hard to hold still but it's got a slight bit of weight to it witch helps and you can get a good grip on it.
    I'd have to disagree cause both sets of parants have separate types of digicams, bit small and both take better pics than my camera, even though it is higher specced and takes higher resolution pics than mine...purely cause I'd need to use a tripod for mine!

That s600 looks quite good, and be got for around £80 now!

Spoiled Brat
    It is a really good camera for a budget.. My sister and Cousin bought exactly the same one when I bought mine

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiled Brat
    I've got a Samsung S600 6.0Megapixels.. Does the job.. Cost £160 a year ago with case (Although I've lost it), 512mb mem card, plus an extra £20 for Insurance because I break everything
    That's the camera I have, I'm impressed with it, especially as i won it! Has a good amount of settings to play with and I've taken some pretty good pics with it. (IMO) I'm looking at getting a dSLR now though just to have even more settings to play with

warrenwiseman
    looks like a gd camera nice and stylish aswell

Punto Lover
    Well I ended up getting the Samsung NV3 cheaply from Ebay...seems quite good so far!

http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/produ...675&cat_uid=75