Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All

Mark-GT1

Hi All

Hi everyone,

Ive already made a post elsewhere but thought I should introduce myself.

My names Mark, I live in Dartford, Kent and I'm an old git at 38, I've just bought (about 10 days ago now) a MK1 GT in green and it's a right mess, going to fulfill my life time dream of doing a car up that's a wreck and trying to create something that I (and hopefully others) will look at and think wow!

I will post some pics of it later (not done as many as I should have but there are a few of the interior that was a complete mess).

The way I'm thinking of going atm is:

Exterior:
    Standard GT Skirts (colour coded) not keen on the Abarth ones think they look a little too big, the ones I do like are the combat ones (but the bumpers are too OTT).
    Type K rear bumper
    Modified standard front bumper (will cut the slats out)
    Smoothed tailgate
    Delocked passenger door (gonna keep the drivers door lock though)
    lowered 45mm (loads and loads of huge speed bumps round here and I don't want to be respraying the skirts / bumpers every other week).
    Tints on the rear quarters and tailgate.
    Not made up my mind between Angel eyes and Morettes - if I go morettes I will probably colour code them as nearly everyone has black.
    Smooth bonnet - Debadge and move the washers to the tray.
    New set of alloys but not sure what yet, it has some fox 5 spoke 15s on there atm.

Interior:
    Cobra buckets.
    Pedals (chrome or blacked metal)
    Plasma Dials (EL)
    Rest left pretty standard I think.

Power:
    FMIC
    BOV
    Boost controller

Lots of work especially when you see the state of her, but it will be done!

Any tips, hints, would do's , wouldn't do's etc from the list above?

Mark.

Hello mark and Welcome to PSC

Become a full member and alot of your jobs are part of 'how to guides'

Punto Lover
    Welcome, get some pics up

Punto Enthusiast
    Welcome Mark, from what u are sayin ur car is gonna look smart... Its also good to see that u dont live 2 far from me, as most of the othat people on here live miles away... lol

Mark-GT1
    Thanks for the welcome

Definately looking at becoming a full member Johnny, thanks for the headsup.

So you live in Eltham then, once the car is on the road I will pop over mate if you want to meet up. Did I see details somewhere of a meet recently at one of the big shopping centers (Bluewater or Lakeside)?

Does anyone know what discount do club members get at ABS, I know all members are now entitled, do club members get an additional one or does everyone get the same?

Cheers
    Mark

Everyone gets the same.

I would also recommend looking into getting a SEB chip.
    Punto Gt no more!

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-GT1
    Thanks for the welcome

Definately looking at becoming a full member Johnny, thanks for the headsup.

So you live in Eltham then, once the car is on the road I will pop over mate if you want to meet up. Did I see details somewhere of a meet recently at one of the big shopping centers (Bluewater or Lakeside)?

Cheers
    Mark
    Defo will meet up, maybe you can help me make some decisions about my car, coz i dnt kno 2 much bout cars 2 tell the truth...

Punto Lover
    Hey Mark, a big welcome to puntosports! Everyone is really nice here, lots of good, helpfull information to be found.

There are lots of benefits to becoming a member, should you wish to join up. Subsidised entry to shows and events, clothing, merchandise, a big list of special discounts including demon tweeks and Adrian Flux insurance. You can also play games in the arcade, have access to a member's only part of the forum, view 'how to guides' complete with pictures and you'll get some cool stickers in your welcome pack.

Look forward to seeing you around

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Hello! I'm old too. Hoo rah!
    You've chosen a great car to do up. Look foward to seeing pics and then hopefully the finished article.
    Enjoy your stay.

Mark-GT1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason
    Defo will meet up, maybe you can help me make some decisions about my car, coz i dnt kno 2 much bout cars 2 tell the truth...

Yeah mate sounds good, I don't know too much about the mod scene (mainly been lurking here a couple of weeks and picked up the odd tip and saw things I liked the look of etc).

@ Tomas:

Yes mate I forgot about the SEB chip, that is definately something on the list.

What do you have to do to be able to edit posts ? I hate typos and nearly always have to edit 2 or 3 times Guess I will just have to read them 5 times before hitting submit heh

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast