Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well and truely fix it again tomorrow

Punto Lover

well and truely fix it again tomorrow

got my car back from the garage last week and guess wat it got to go back in again, so far since i have had it in a year i have had to replace, oil sump, timing belt, split fuels lines, brakes all round, cat back exhaust, rocker cover, front shocks, cv joint, rear radius arm, and sum injector fluid 2 get rid of injector fluid to sort my tesco petrol issue, and guess what im bk 2 square 1 again, the garage didnt think my lambda had gone because there was no injector light on, but now my exhaust sounds like a piece of ****, and something aint running right. why am i so unlucky lol

Punto Enthusiast
    The tesco fuel should of been drained from your car completely and the lambda replaced and then filled with fresh fuel to sort the contaminated fuel problem out!!

Punto Lover
    i no, and when i tell the garage what i think it is they look at me like im stupid, and they dont think anything is wrong with my lambda, how do i go about doing a blink test can it be done myself???

Punto Lover
    don't think you can blink test a 60, pretty sure it's only for GT's.

If the injector/engine management light isn't on i'm pretty sure that means there are no logged faults.

And i'm pretty sure a lambda won't affect the sound of an exhaust, you sure it's running properly on all cylinders? and theres no big exhaust leaks?

Punto Lover
    well asked them because sometimes it pops the exhaust, and they said there no leak and looked into the petrol problem of lambda fails it can lead to the cat going, but going to garage tomorrow id show them how ****ed it is

Punto Lover
    if it pops it sounds more like it's running very rich, or not firing properly on one or more cylinders and is dumping fuel into the exhaust.

Punto Lover
    yh im going through alot more fuel and i mean alot more, atm im only make bout 220 miles to a full tank , which i thought could be down 2 the cat

Midland Events Organiser
    have u claimed compenstion from tesco?

Punto Lover
    no because they didnt think the lambda had gone on it, but i got the claim sheet already if anything just incase lol, so how can i actually find out if the lambda is ****ed or not as my injector light isnt saying it is

Punto Lover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast