Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Road Results

mike_roberts

Rolling Road Results

After finally sorting the car out decided to get it rolling roaded today.

Spec:

THS Front Mount
    Full magnex, no silencers
    De-cat
    K&N Air filter
    Seb 2
    Turbosmart dual stage, high setting at 16psi

+ very small boost leak.

Going onto the rollers we realised that the plastic strip across the bottom of the bumper was rubbing the rollers. Decided to go ahead anyway, but has taken around about 8bhp from my power, according to the mechanic. He also took the power reading in 5th gear.

Result:

Flywheel
    157.0bhp @ 5925 rpm
    185lbs/ft @ 3306 rpm

@ the wheel
    129.8hp @ 5925 rpm

What we all think?

Thanks mike

Sounds normal for a full SEB2, if you were to add the extra 8hp on. You should see between 160-170hp at the crank, and somewhere IRO 130+ at the wheels, when using 1.2bar of boost.

Any pictures of the graph so we can see the curve?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Banned
    Thats seems around right, Debo i cant reply to your pm but yeah im up for it:" £10 is a deal

My inbox was full 10mins ago, just emptied it - so feel free to reply if you wish. £10 it is then... like taking candy from a baby..
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

mike_roberts
    Well im happy, seen graphs on here running 19psi with the same figures. Will have to sort this leak out. Will get graphs when i can get on the other computer.

You must remember though, alot of people on here running a SEB2 are missing a FMIC... so when they up the boost, the inlet temperatures creep up aswell, so not a true reflection of the what their engine could make if it was running more efficiently.
    I'm sure if you ran another couple of pounds with your setup you'd see 170-175hp, no more. However, you would have more torque in the mid-range than those without FMIC's.

Look forward to seeing the graph. Keep up the good work.

mike_roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    You must remember though, alot of people on here running a SEB2 are missing a FMIC... so when they up the boost, the inlet temperatures creep up aswell, so not a true reflection of the what their engine could make if it was running more efficiently.
    I'm sure if you ran another couple of pounds with your setup you'd see 170-175hp, no more. However, you would have more torque in the mid-range than those without FMIC's.

Look forward to seeing the graph. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers that explains a bit. Didnt liek the guy at the rolling road really though, he was doing little runs wihout fans on, to try and rub away the plastic, therefore getting engine really hot. Dont think he knew much about turbos tbh. Will have to spend a bit more money on her i think, what do you think i should get next?

Realisitcally, the next step up for you would be SEB4, but just how badly do you want that extra 30hp and 30lbs/ft?? There's more to life.

Personally, having been there, done that etc. I'd be inclined to leave it running 16/17psi on a day to day basis, and keep the full SEB2 - save your money, buy your girlfriend fresh flowers every week... that kinda thing.

mike_roberts
    Ive always thought to myself that id like 4.11. But recently thought that its a complete waste like you just said. For all that money you get hardly any gain. If i was to mod it a bit more id prob go for a manifold, and maybe a bvh. Then stop at that. I wouldnt go over to 4.11 anymore, just mod it on seb 2 and get the best out of that chip, for half the price.

A tubular exhaust manifold is £700 and BVH £500, from memory.

Seriously, you'd be best tidying it up under the bonnet - make it look sweet. I'd invest in making the engine run more efficiently.. perhaps an alloy oil cooler and alloy radiator? Afterall, the engine will be generating a bit more heat due to the extra power. These parts will help increase longevity and they look good, for less than £400.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast