Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: clio v6

and i thought **** didnt burn!

Punto Lover
    was also reading today on cliosport that alot of 172,182s dont make the advertise bhp figures![/QUOTE]

thats because most of them expect the fly wheel reading to be at the wheels lol most 182 are about 160 at the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by gtmat
    last night driving home from wrk i was over took by one of the clio v6'. caught me off guard n neva saw him coming!!

there was 2 much traffic to try anyfin stupid and go after him, but i was just wondering what they r like and if anyone had any experiance of them??

basically i wana no if he would of chewed me up and spat me out if i had tryed to race him?
    Was it definitely a V6? You can't really miss them with the looks, but unless your GT3 was seriously, seriously modified, you wouldn't have a chance to catch it.

I'd say my GT3 was under (but not by much) the pace of my current 182. The problem with the 182 is that you've got to get above 4k before it goes...... but when it does!

The wife's Clio V6 however, is a completely different animal. On track, I'd say there wouldn't be much between a 182 and a V6, but on normal roads, their outright grunt in straight lines is quite noticable.

Apart from sharing the same dash (almost) - everything from the driver's seat is totally different between the two. The V6 feels much more heavy (and it is) but with the front wheels simply providing turning motion, they feel a lot more informative than those on the 182. The 182 sounds puny (regardless of revs) but the V6 even in standard form is impressive. Stick on a deafening Quicksilver exhaust like ours and the over-run is superb. However, 40mph in 4th gear is just unbearable!

When it rains (or worse - snows) - the V6 really has to be treated with kid gloves. Ideally, left at home!

D.

Seafront Scum
    I LOVE THE V6

And someone else who has been in one ^^^^^^^ they are so much fun and no way a gt would get anywhere near one in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy
    I LOVE THE V6

And someone else who has been in one ^^^^^^^ they are so much fun and no way a gt would get anywhere near one in a straight line.
    LOL!

Some blatant piccies to show the difference between the two.

My 'boring-ish' 182.....

And the eye-candy V6.

D.

Punto know it all
    that 182 is lovely.

i was so tempted by one of those.

fancy a swap? lol

I'd rather a Trophy over a V6 any day of the week.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Quote Originally Posted by GTste
    that 182 is lovely.

i was so tempted by one of those.

fancy a swap? lol
    Hehehe! Cheers, ste. As much as I love the 182, there are times where I miss the GT so much.

The 182 is simply so chuckable, so immune to stupid driving inputs that it makes any B-road a reward to drive. My GT3 that I had for over 6 years was great in a straight line, but tended not to like corners so much.

Having said that, it was a blast to drive. I found that I really needed to concentrate hard to get the most out of the GT. The 182 is pretty much the same, but without the 'put-one-foot-wrong-and-I'll-dump-you-in-the-hedge' mentality.

Must admit. I'd love another go in a GT!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy
    I'd rather a Trophy over a V6 any day of the week.
    The Trophy's really do grab you attention. I would seriously consider a part-ex for my full-fat 182 in favour of a 182 Trophy.

That's with my sensible hat on. The other half of me says I should commit myself to debt and buy a Megane F1 230 R26. I need another turbo'd car!

D.
    Last edited by Darren S; 8th March 2007 at 21:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's a valid point. Now eventhough I don't like French cars, the Megane looks very tempting.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto know it all
    the megane is nice. just a shame they dont do leather etc for them yet, if they ever will.

same with the 197.

does your FF 182 have the cup pack?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast