Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: upset to say the least

Gearbox Abuser
    it doesnt work on pro8.

no the "ripping off part" was due to the rewiring of the ecu plug that i had done and never had issues with, granted it wasnt the neatest as in the cables werent all the same lenght, but all were crimped and soldered proper.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussGT
    So have you been on the phone to this tuner..to inform them of your findings that the car is running?

I recently had a tuner try and scam me out of a lot of money on the Pulsar...

Are you happy now?

Do you go up to the Watford cruise atall?

Good luck mate

Russ

No i havnt called PT back to tell them that someone else achieved in one week and they couldnt in 5!

I am well happy now, it still stalls now and then, but that (im convinced) is an electrical problem as it only does it when the electrical system is under heavy load ie Stereo, head lights, wipers.

I havnt been for a few months, not to cool in a Lime green Cinq! However i will be there this wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    im not slating them on a public forum. as i know they'll probably read this and beat me up lol

but form wot i see..

i got the car mapped by Rob, now rob from wot i understand is very very very good at mapping, the fact most of the GTR forum would use him over abbey says it all...

but when it comes to DTA and its functions i feel thats where PT as a whole have let themselves down. unfortunatly i have never delt with the mechanics there but i have spoke to them and they seem very nice.

i phoned my old mapper and he told me straight away that DTA has the functions to run a ICV but it dont actaully work.

i feel it was more of an overlook by the guys incharge there ,than actually trying to rip him off.

just a shame they carried out unnessary work on the car before researching the problem.
    Agreed, they are not a bad place, but i just dont think they have the knowledge when it comes to DTA, they also overlooked a major fact, that I, someone with zero knowldge about DTA provided them with, Pro8 wont support an ICV, but the answer was always the same "we do things properly here" even it it cost me a whole NEW ECU!
    Last edited by minimaniac; 18th December 2006 at 11:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

RussGT
    Glad It's all sorted..I may go up this wednesday with a couple of drift boys from near me and from the watford area..

If I see you i'll come over and say hello..

Cheers

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac
    I havnt been for a few months, not to cool in a Lime green Cinq!
    its xploit yellow god damn YOOOOU!

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    its xploit yellow god damn YOOOOU!

Think you'll find its spermicide green.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans
    Think you'll find its spermicide green.
    You would know about that wouldnt you u mitsi lover.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345