Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance offer

Punto know it all

insurance offer

just had a call from the insurance who have offered me £2685 for my written off GT3 (s plate) on 57k, was a minter.
    they want to take 25% off that price if i keep it leaving me with about £2100

what do you reckon to that, should i accept their offer or refuse it, any suggestions from people with similar experience?

johnboyturbo... how did you get on mate?, i think our cars and accidents were pretty similar.

Punto know it all
    2100 plus your car back? not a bad offer tbh. depends on how much is salvagable.

joey_turbo
    Sounds good. Might be worth trying to haggle with them over the percentage of what they take off for the car. Worth a try, you might get it for a couple of hundred.

Punto know it all
    that was quick admin work there ste, didnt even get time to apologise for posting 3 times.

the only thing wrong with the car is the chassis i think, everything else is salvagable maybe the gearbox took a bit of a knock from the underside when it went up the kerk, the pipe from the intercooler to the turbo got completely flatterned.

Punto Enthusiast
    sounds good to me. there is loads of stuff on your car you can keep and still loads more you can sell off it. you can can a nice standard gt for that money and then put all your old bits on.

Punto Lover
    thats a good price tbh. insurers dont take in to account how nice a car was they just look at the maket value.. if like ste said you can sell most of it, thats a good price..

joey_turbo
    If they gave it back its likely to be a CAT C maybe even a D (but probably not) damaged car. So you could sell the whole thing to be repaired as it is.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_turbo
    If they gave it back its likely to be a CAT C maybe even a D (but probably not) damaged car. So you could sell the whole thing to be repaired as it is.
    they didn't give it back, i wouldn't let them take it away in the first place, it's now at the end of my driveway with 3 unmovable cars blocking it in.

ideally i want another black one so all my colour coded pipes and stuff in red will match, but maybe one with a blown engine for cheap would be a good option, how much do peeps charge for an engine transplant roughly?

another question, are standard mk1 bodies the same as GT's or are there structual differences. or are there any differences betwen gt1's 2's and 3's if i was to transfer the egine and ecu and everyting else.
    Last edited by rixf666; 14th November 2006 at 14:45.

joey_turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by rixf666
    they didn't give it back, i wouldn't let them take it away in the first place, it's now at the end of my driveway with 3 unmovable cars blocking it in.
    good lad.
    Thats even better, normally the costs they charge you for the car, are for transport and storage. Ask them why the fee is so high, considering they haven't had to move/store it.

Punto Enthusiast
    i think about 700 ish but if you get a gt and its the same year etc might be cheaper. i got my engine put in my cab for 600 and that with doing loads of other work like my t25, fuel pump, rear beam and some other little bits.

i think the bodys are all the same its just the engines and the interiors that are slightly different but not 1000% sure.
    Last edited by Gt Cab; 14th November 2006 at 14:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast