Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: My lap of the nurburgring

I love the nurburgring and would recommend it to anyone - its a petrol heads heaven.

Only things to remember are:

1. Its not a trackday
    2. You will be overtaken lots (especially by ancient looking golfs)
    3. Its nothing like the PS2, Xbox etc games - i've played lots of them and while they are accurate in layout you don't stand a chance of learning the trac - none of them has the gradients replicated properly.

I have yet to drive a car round the ring but I have done an awesome *.30 lap in a mates RS500 Cossi. I have done a number of laps on different motorbikes and can say its as scary as it is fun
    Last edited by Tom; 12th February 2007 at 13:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by ajGT2
    I have yet to drive a car round the ring but I have done an awesome *.30 lap in a mates RS500 Cossi
    do you mean 8.30 lap?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by ajGT2
    3. Its nothing like the PS2, Xbox etc games - i've played lots of them and while they are accurate in layout you don't stand a chance of learning the trac - none of them has the gradients replicated properly.
    I dissagree, those games can prepare you for the track, and you CAN learn the track and the lines, I should know, I did.

gradients etc are different, but knowing where the track is going nexxt is halfway to success.

mook

Quote Originally Posted by punto16v
    do you mean 8.30 lap?
    yeah sorry i meant 8.30. I should point out that it my mate lives an hour from the ring. He doesn't time his laps but i can assure you that nothing comes past him not even the ring taxis.

Heres a pic of his cossi - its far from standard

Mookie if you reckon that games helped you then fair play to you but imo most people would be foolish to think they could learn a track like the ring from a game alone - thats probably one of the reasons why so many people crash at the ring, and just look at the number of people who mess up adenauer forst and are lucky enough to be able to go straight across the grass.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456