Thread: Ok ok i know im in for it, honest opinions please

Ok ok i know im in for it, honest opinions please

Right, firstly hello, and secondly please dont think im the average chav with dream world ideas to sign up for the forum. Im certainly not, i bet every day someone comes on to ask on a 1.4 gt conversion into a bad 1.1 punto on a 500 squid budget, or a 16vt or 20vt into a punto with 50p and a copy of razzle

Im looking for a project over the winter, im contemplating a 1.4 gt into a seicento, or a 2.1zvh into a xr2 mk2.

Now i'd like to ask how reliable you find these engines?

I ran at santa pod this year in a 20vt, and was highly impressed with the go the blue gt had that ran when the 360 shot its box.

So im thinking a 1.4 with the seb 4 is the way to go??? advice on that appreciated also what sort of 0-60 times will a 220 bhp punto achieve.

I know these engines seem to be renound for problems but is that down to abuse clocking, lack of maintenece or are they honestly crap?

I like pain hence the coupe, but i dont like silly stuff.

Heads crack too i believe????

Any advice appreciated on this, im off to pester passionford now, so please be honest and let me know what you think best!

Much appreciated.

That punto wasnt a SEB4 its was way past that.

It was making around 280bhp, with standalone managment, Custom turbo and just about everything you can think of.

Also SEB4.1 wont make 220bhp as the management can only really handle 210bhp.

If you look after them and dont cut corners then I dont see there being a problem.

Adi

No saying seb couldnt make 220 in all fairness, but unlikley and costs will spiral.

The engine isnt as **** as people make out, just poorly looked after alot of the time. Heads allegedly all have a crack but it isnt fact!

Depends what your after mate, and how difficult you wana make it. I bet the fiat project will be ****ing hard but worth it, turbo boooooooost.

Punto Sports Club Member
    my old gt had 93k on, was seb2 for god know how many miles then seb4.1 for at least 20 and still is, and its still running like a beauty. DOnt believe hearsay, if you love it, it will love you back.