Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sky +

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by aGeNt-OrAnGe
    Are you a current Sky user?
    If so call Sky and the prices of the Sky +. Once you have them ask if they'll uprgade a loyal customer free. They will say no so simply show your unhappy and ask to be put through to cancellations. Explain you want to cancel as you have been a loyal Sky customer and they now want extra cash to upgrade to Sky + and a monthly subscription as well. Only the cancelation department have the power to do this but they should upgrade you with a free receiver and FREE monthly subscription to Sky +. You will have to pay £40 towards installation though.

Worked for me mate. Also I call every 3 month and ask to have my subscription reduced to a lower package. At this point they drop the fee of my total package from £42 to £20 for the following 3 month and then off we go again.

Let me know how you get on.
    Yes mate, I'm a Sky subscriber - have been for yonks (6-7 years).

I think I'll have to give that a go then. Must admit, its something I'm always tempted to do with phone contracts but I'm always worried they'll call my bluff and cancel my subscription

Did you have to get shouty, or did the calm approach work?

1/4 mile at a time
    Are you a current Sky user?
    If so call Sky and the prices of the Sky +. Once you have them ask if they'll uprgade a loyal customer free. They will say no so simply show your unhappy and ask to be put through to cancellations. Explain you want to cancel as you have been a loyal Sky customer and they now want extra cash to upgrade to Sky + and a monthly subscription as well. Only the cancelation department have the power to do this but they should upgrade you with a free receiver and FREE monthly subscription to Sky +. You will have to pay £40 towards installation though.

Worked for me mate. Also I call every 3 month and ask to have my subscription reduced to a lower package. At this point they drop the fee of my total package from £42 to £20 for the following 3 month and then off we go again.

Let me know how you get on.
    hmmmm

if you have atleast 2 premium chanels you get the sky + subscription free, and it seems that they have put you on the new indtroductory offer of 3 months half price as well.

Punto Lover
    Basically T your right every 3 month I call them and they put me on the offer, all for the price of a phone call I save almost £70 a quarter.

Withnail Sky will never call your bluff, however only cancellations/retention can make some offers. The regular sales line will offer you the upgrade but expect you to pay a tenner a month extra for the Sky + however cancellations can scrub this figure altogether for you. At the end of the day your like me we both have put loads of cash into Sky's pocket, time to get some back buddy!

You may get an reconditioned box but it doesn't matter as it's guaranteed anyway - happy days.

joey_turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Must admit, its something I'm always tempted to do with phone contracts but I'm always worried they'll call my bluff and cancel my subscription
    send them one of your famous emails/letters then.
    I cancelled my last phone contract, to start a new one, to get a PSP free. I told them I was leaving to live in South Africa. They asked if I could let a family member continue my contract, I said they were all in South Africa. I wonder if they twigged something was up, when I called for a brand new 18 month contract ten minutes later.

Punto Lover
    Oh and to answer the last bit which I glossed over an dnever read properly. There's never any need to get shouty at sales people. Most of them have either sh1t info available to them or don't fully understand a situation unless you give them some background. Talk normally to them and they'll be very happy to help. Explain you feel new customers get a lot for free whereas you as a customer don't if they want to retain your custom what are they prepared to do?

That'll see you sorted.

Withnail
    Oh and to answer the last bit which I glossed over an dnever read properly. There's never any need to get shouty at sales people. Most of them have either sh1t info available to them or don't fully understand a situation unless you give them some background. Talk normally to them and they'll be very happy to help. Explain you feel new customers get a lot for free whereas you as a customer don't if they want to retain your custom what are they prepared to do?

That'll see you sorted.
    Good stuff. I only asked that, as I dont particularly like shouting at people who are simply doing their job.

I'll call tonight and see what they can do, as I'd quite like Sports adding.

Interesting thread on this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=271747

Punto Lover
    Couple of the replies validate what I said earlier. Sometimes only cancellations/retentions can offer the freebies, seeing as they should technically be the last bid to keep your custom and offer as much as possible.

Some of the sales staff just don't have the power and can offer reduced rates but not free. First ask the prices and what they can do, then express your unhappyness (nicely of course) then ask for cancellations and explain one last time before receiving glorious Sky+ for free.

Hang up and then feel justifieably smug safe in the knowledge that you can record the latest series of America's Next Top Model without missing a single episode.

Withnail
    Couple of the replies validate what I said earlier. Sometimes only cancellations/retentions can offer the freebies, seeing as they should technically be the last bid to keep your custom and offer as much as possible.

Some of the sales staff just don't have the power and can offer reduced rates but not free. First ask the prices and what they can do, then express your unhappyness (nicely of course) then ask for cancellations and explain one last time before receiving glorious Sky+ for free.

Hang up and then feel justifieably smug safe in the knowledge that you can record the latest series of America's Next Top Model without missing a single episode.
    I'll be on the dog and bone tonight... I'l report back tomorrow

Punto Lover
    Good luck, don't forget to ask for cancellations though.

Seafront Scum
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_turbo
    Isn't Tivo just a standalone HDD Recorder?
    With the SKY+ you get to view all of their channels, and record them.
    you get this as well- it works with the sky box, although it proberly is a little slower on changing channels tahn sky plus as it has to go through both boxes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast