Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trasnferring mobile numbers

Punto know it all

Trasnferring mobile numbers

Had a D500 and the screen totaly ballsed up, the phone still works but can't see a thing!

So I am getting a d900 in a few days.

Is there anyway via the pc I can u0load all my contacts / possibly files off the old d500 and put em on the comp, then download them to my new phone?

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    You could buy a sim copier? I got one for a tenner. Quite good as well if you ever lost yr phone.

Punto know it all
    How do they work?

Its the numbers off the phone I need, not the sim!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Are yr numbers not copied to yr sim then?
    The sim copier works by u put yr sim in, it copies everything on it, and then u can transfer all info on to new sim.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL
    Had a D500 and the screen totaly ballsed up, the phone still works but can't see a thing!

So I am getting a d900 in a few days.

Is there anyway via the pc I can u0load all my contacts / possibly files off the old d500 and put em on the comp, then download them to my new phone?
    Did you not get the cd and data lead? im guessing its the same as d600 when you get a lead to transfer mp3's etc..?

In what way is the screen messed up? I had a friends one over the weekend and the screen just went itto loads differnt color pixels and you couldent see anything. But taking the battery out a few times made the screen work again.

Southern Events Organiser
    the d500 has a security function that does not allow copyin of the phonebook numbers to any other device and not the sim! hate to say but your stuck there! even data cable wont do it!

joey_turbo
    I would imagine it can be done via a data cable. If not, I will be doing it tonight to my GF's phone (with a semi working screen), and I can tell you what sequence to press the buttons in to get to the sim copying function.

Southern Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_turbo
    I would imagine it can be done via a data cable. If not, I will be doing it tonight to my GF's phone (with a semi working screen), and I can tell you what sequence to press the buttons in to get to the sim copying function.
    you cant sim copy on a d500!! does nobody listen to me?

joey_turbo
    I heard ya, just sounds wrong. I'm the type of person that has to try something to believe it.

Punto Lover
    You cant copy phone bok numbers to sim 100% no way cant be done, not gonna happen!!!

You can bluetooth the numbers one by one, not saying it easy but i does bring doubt to the comment that they are protected and cannot be copied with a data cable, i'm not sure about this.

I work for orange and still have my old D500 as a spare phone so you can trust me.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast