Thread: #insurance question

Punto know it all

#insurance question

Ok am looking at buying a GT at the end of the month(or before), what happends with my insurance? its up in jan, if i call them up and they say they wont insure me(doubt it) or if its stupid amounts?

I pay Via Direct debit at mo, am i right in thinking i will either have to pay the extra amount until jan or leave them as an insurance company and lose what could be an extra years insurance as i wont see out the term?

If it means you gain a years no claims then keep the policy the extra month, it will greatly reduce your quotes for a GT too so its in your best interests.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoBaz.NE
    If it means you gain a years no claims then keep the policy the extra month, it will greatly reduce your quotes for a GT too so its in your best interests.
    extra month??

You've lost me?

do you mean take ou a new insurace policy on the gt and keep the other policy running on a car i dont own, but reduce it down to 3rd part?

Sorry I meant keep your current car until January to get the no claims discount when you insure a GT.

Either that or transfer the policy into your mums name to keep it going until it expires.

Punto know it all
    i would keep the car till jan, but i'm fed up with mine, and i've been offered a nice Gt

Thing is you cant use the no-claims on your current policy on anotehr car...

Bell insurance will accept 10months on one policy as a full years no-claims even if your previous insurer wont recognise this but make sure first.

Payign the insurance in one lump is far cheaper then installments, even if you have to borrow the money to pay it off in one go.

Punto Lover
    Normally they will give you a choice. Pay the additional premium on a credit card or debit card, or spread it over the remaining installments. This can be costly. Say if its £400 extra, thats an extra £100 a month... Who are you with?

Punto know it all
    i'm with easymoney.com, there part of easyjet group

Punto know it all
    give them a call, and tell them that bell have offered you a very good deal, so unless they are nice, your off
    if you threaten them that you will leave, it generally gives them a kick up the arse

be cheeky. you dont get, if you dont ask