Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Im back from the Nurburgring....

Gearbox Abuser

Im back from the Nurburgring....

Before i start ill appologise for my spelling, grammer and other typing errors but tbh i cant be ****ed to fix them... lol

Well wot can i say. it was ****ing awsome. there is no doubt ill return.

im no good at summing things up so ill break it down so you dont get bored..

i went away with some boys from Revlimit. these included

Mac- clio 172
    Demonfish- in macs car
    mike and heather- in Hot GT
    JSC- in his CTR
    Garv- in his EVO FQ300
    Mook and Neen- in there R33 skyline

MISHAPS

7 Days before i left my turbo blew
    3 days before i took it somewhere to rebuild it.
    1 day before i pick it up and fix.
    on the morning we left i arrived at dover to notice my exhuxt hanging low i looked under to see why and found a bracked had snapped (great!!!) so cable ties it was... lol

Finally we get to the ring and on our 2nd day its time for a lap

well me being me i had to drive it like i see it as i know nothing aout the ring lol.

well after 1/2 a lap i had to calm down as my brakes were on fire lol

so off it was to get new pads and fluid lol

the next time i went out i completed a lap without a prob, but got to the pits to find my boost pipe had rubbed thru my oil filter and oil was coming out (luckily not on the track....)

so off it was to find oil and filter....

on my 4th lap the cable ties finally melted and the exhaust dropped lol, a quick fix and she was back fine.

then on the way home my luck struck again. on the brussels ring road on a section with no hard shoulder my alternator packed up..... well that was fun lol. we got it off the road and managed to find a new batt. then drove it on the new one which got me to the UK as the alternator was still giving voltage but just not enough. while the spare batt was charging off Hot GT.

so in break down summery after 1000+ miles and a full caining my work on the car held out well apart from a couple of unlucky conversion mishaps.

on to how the car done..

well on the way there i decided to have a paly with JSC, i left him for dead but in the distance was Mac, so i kept it pinned for a flyby..

well i didnt realise how fast i was going as i was concerntrating. but if the H on the speedo is to go by, id say it was close to 160mph. was well off the clock lol

tbh i know its not big nor cleaver but i really didnt realise i was going that fast. the car just got there so quickly...

on the track, it held its own, the handling is very very good for a punto and on my 2nd lap i managed a 10.30min lap (my only timed lap) and that was very hesitant on the long straights and with lots of traffic, also i slowed half way as my oil temps were getting a little high.

as for acceleration, with mook in the car a yamaha R1 passed me on the exit of a corner onto a straight, he pulled 3 car lenghts upto 120mph, that was it.
    had the straight been longer i feel i would have started to catch him.

so in summery, the punto did very very well in im very proud that i build the thing...

but

would i take it back, short answer is no, reason is that the ring is a dangerous palce and that car would kill me there. its just to savage and makes you go too fast. and tbh if a crashed the punto there i would be very very upset, so its now time to track prep the Tro... 1800vvc tro with cage will be the car i track ring in.

the punto will go to uk track days tho, to prove its worth.

to sum up the past week.

well when im standing infront of the big man upstairs and he asked wot i achieved and enjoyed, well the getiing my car to the ring and having such a wicked time with all the other lads and ladies i was with, will be top of my list...

im off to book next years trip... lol

Nice one mate

Glad you got there, did a few laps and got back safely.

Shame about the bad luck.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

sh33n
    Sounds like an interesting trip at least

So need to get myself there!!

joey_turbo
    Nice one mate.

How long did it actually take to get there?

I definalty want to give it a go. Don't want to risk the Scooby, and the Punto will be gone soon. Might have to get my self a 205, cage it up and give it a go.

mezzer75sx
    it would nt of been as fun if things didnt go wrong sounds like a wicked time tho should of come past to say high on you way there

and were are the pics

Nice one greg! Any piccys??

Punto Enthusiast
    Sounds like a right laugh, cant wait to go when i get my car finished!! any pics from it????

Doddy

Gearbox Abuser
    im waiting for pics and vids off the revlimit boys.

there is a few vids of the punto.

one is of a 80mph roll on... it actaully looks sped up.. as i fook off so fast.. lol

time from dover was 2hour ferry to dunkirque (think thats how its spelt) then 4 hours to the ring from there..

Punto know it all
    well at least you had a good time mate.

1/4 mile at a time
    brilliant mate, good write up to, glad you had a good time and look forward to the pics and deffo the vids! so macs new car was a 172, sweet!

how did garv do in the evo?

and 160 in yours your nuts!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast