Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dads being pissed about by Honda

My dads being pissed about by Honda

My dad took delivery of his new car yesterday, with 6 miles on the clock it was transported from the dealership he bought it from in Oldbury (his mon-fri work base) and dropped off here in Durham. a Honda CRV.

Now the problem started when he noticed the colour coded flared arches he ordered are not colour coded at all, and are infact not fitted correctly as they dont match the lines of the car on the doors.

He contacted the dealership in Oldbury and they said they would arrange for the work to be carried out at a local Honda approved bodyshop rather than him having to drop the car off at Oldbury. And he would only be without his car for 2 days maximum and they would supply a courtesy car.

Today he picked up his bright yellow Honda Jazz courtesy car. He dropped his car off to have the work done. But he received a phone call from the local Honda bodyshop doing the work to say the dealership he bought it from has said they will not be paying for the work instead want it down at Oldbury to assess the situation.

What appears to have happened is the flared arches have been glued to the car rather than bolted which is a fault of the Oldbury dealership who added his optional extras. Honda value each flared arch at £900 each, and because they are plastic if they are removed they need to be replaced, apparently.

So now my dad is having to leave his car with them at Oldbury and will be without it for 2 weeks minimum! Hes not happy at all, hes drafting up a complaint as we speak.

Doesnt say much for Honda since my dad handed over 28k cash.
    Last edited by PuntoBaz.NE; 30th August 2006 at 18:09.

Punto know it all
    that is pants,not very good standerd for them which everyone talks about!
    he must be able to claim some cash back surely,its not his fcuk up.

The main thing hes not happy about is he has a fuel card for the new car through his work, travels hundreds of miles a day around the UK etc. However when he has a hire car he has to pay for the fuel and then claim it back, which obviously takes time. Hes going to be out of pocket a fair bit while they sort this **** out.

Punto know it all
    im guessing there is a place called oldbury uo your way? as there is an oldbury about 10 mins from me!!!

Its the Oldbury down your way im talking about, my dad runs the Centrica head office building down there.

Punto know it all
    blimey. thats a fair distance! i can see why hes a little more pissed off.

The honda dealer in lancaster is equally as bad.

When it to see about a bike..

Found one I wanted and the guy said sign here to say I wanted the bike before I had heard any price...very pushy sales methods

Told him to shove it in the end and told the Honda Head Office.

Punto know it all
    Surely you are supposed to check a new car over very carefully before signing the dotted line and taking it from the dealership, at least I did when I purchased my Cupra.

My dad purchased a fleet of cars, this being his which was top of the range with all extras. He noted his problem with the delivery driver who then informed his head office and Honda contacted him first.

Fair enough, I can understand the frustration - so what are you suggesting then, we all steer clear of Honda???
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast