Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headgasket....

x1nick

Headgasket....

Right I know nothing about this, I can do most things to my car, but dont understand why things go etc etc

I belive my headgasket has gone/going in my 55s

When starting the car it will be very sluggish for around the first 20 secs of driving, then it will drive normally.

I opened the oil top up and there is some very slight yellow oil around there, this makes me think that it has not gone???

Advice needed on this please! If it has gone and is going to cost £400 od to fix, then i may as well buy a new car becuase mine is worth around £300 lol

Punto Lover
    if its only slight yellow ol then that could be down to short journeys. alot of fords get this, if the car doenst get hot enough the condensatin jus builds up and mixs with a bit of oil and leaves the deposit up the top of the engine. but then it doesnt affect driving that much. just a thought

x1nick
    Hmm, i do mainly do short journeys it just seems to be getting worse and worse, needs sorting (if possible cheaply?) before its to late?

PSC sex offender no.1
    Are you using a lot of water > having to fill the rad a lot? That is another sign of blown HG...I was using LOADS of water when mine went.

Cars do drive badly until they are warmed up, thats probably the problem.
    Punto Gt no more!

x1nick
    Its got worse
    This car has to last me until oct! without paying out 100s

Just was leaving work and the car wouldnt start, the starter motor would turn over once, like it was jammed (it did this the other day, didnt think it was anything but the battery

After 2 tries it started with the aid of some gas, then the revs just dropped right down and it cut out???

Did that 2 times in a row!

Finnally it started

Waterlevel hasnt dropped at all, checked the plugs and there fine, it has started juddering quite badly when driving off, and ocassionally at random times while driving, where it feels like I have lost pretty much most of my power

sounds like when a coil pack has gone, no power and cant accelrate cus your a cylinder down. You could try barrowing someone else coil packs before you buy some, will only take 15minutes to try.

x1nick
    Hmm, dont know anyone else with a punto hmm,

My mate while driving behind me, said he could smell petrol coming from my car, but it dosent appear to be leaking. Anywhere hmm

Nothing but problems

Punto Enthusiast
    thats the same problem i have with my GT, just bought a coil pack for £68 :S hopefully will fix the problem. Will try tonight and report back to you!

x1nick
    New thing, the car whistles when you stop the engine, also occasionaly does it when its on
    It just generally sounds bad when its on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast