Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Thread: 280bhp 1400 GT

No worries webbo, i used to spend a lot of time on forums and know that it is hard to determine someones personality from there posts.

The one problem the front wheel drive cars will always have at the pod is traction. Unless you pay the extra for a test n tune day (£50 iirc) they dont glue the track properly. RWYB days are an absolute joke at Santa Pod.
    The track gets a quick spray in the morning and gradually gets worse as the day goes on, it could really do with another spray at lunch time.

I'm not sure of most of your locations but if anyone is near shakespear county raceway drag strip you should try one of there RWYB days, shakespeare prep the track the day before (properly) and then on the morning before racing. Once lunchtime comes round they fully prep the track again.

For example i ran my skyline at the pod with around 800fwhp, i couldnt get any traction and was still spinning the wheels in 4th (all 4). Best 60ft time was 1.85 which is terrible for me but even launching at 1.3bar i was spinning the wheels through 1st and 2nd.
    My first outing at shakespeare and i launched with full power (more than Pod) and got a 1.58 60ft time, it put the power down the whole way up the strip.

Drag racing is a hit and miss affair, a common missunderstanding is that teh terminal speed has much to do with the driver, if you can change gear properly and hit the gas in between right you will have the same terminal speed regardless, however... the time is all down to the driver.
    Its all about the launch and gear changes, for every .1sec you can improve your 60ft time you take an average of .2secs of your terminal time.

For example if you ran 15.5sec 1/4 with a 2.4 60ft time, if you could get that 60ft time down to 1.9secs you would be a second quicker over the line without any change in power.

As for the rolling road stuff, i'll drop a PM now.

Cheers

Rob

Punto know it all
    Dear All

Rob has pm'd me now and when a date is set a pm will be coming around to everyone detailing dates, costs and so on.

Topic closed now, as a new one will be opened shortly.

James.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516