Thread: 106 GTI's

Punto Lover

106 GTI's

quite fancy one, anyone know what the tuning potential of them is?

first gt1
    Theres loads of them round here.nice cars handle well my mate has one its totaly standard but its quick as fuk for some reason beats all the others round here, i can only just get ahead of him and ive got a full seb 0 set up.

thet are cool cars i have a VTS which is the same car (sort of).

The 106 GTI's have leather and are rarer than VTS's so worth a bit more. with cams and so on you could be looking at 160bhp which is more than enough!

Punto Lover
    what does a punto gt with bigger/uprated IC,induction,exhaust and DV make?

in comparison to the 106

mike_roberts
    Theres 2 106 gtis, the earlier versions being 120bhp standard, later ones 130bhp standard IIRC, your mate prob has a later version.

As for the comparison, it depends what mods the 106 would have. If the 106 was standard i should think the GT would just beat it.

mike_roberts
    EDIT^ In a straight line....

Punto Sports Club Member
    I raced a fella round my way, 4 or 5 times in one night and he was claiming 170-180bhp, at the time i was running 188bhp and his 0-60 was a hell of a lot quicker than mine, then i just reeled him in. He had his system lagged and decatted, chipped. barbon airbox, manifold blah blah blah....it sounded a mazing, although he lost 5 out of 5, i was extremely impressed.

sh33n
    Quote Originally Posted by a17vts
    thet are cool cars i have a VTS which is the same car (sort of).

The 106 GTI's have leather and are rarer than VTS's so worth a bit more. with cams and so on you could be looking at 160bhp which is more than enough!
    Leather was an option, and relatively hard to find, the normal one's have the worst interior! But probably no worse than a standard GT tbh.

Handle very well, and go very nicely for a 1.6 N/A.

first gt1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_roberts
    Theres 2 106 gtis, the earlier versions being 120bhp standard, later ones 130bhp standard IIRC, your mate prob has a later version.

As for the comparison, it depends what mods the 106 would have. If the 106 was standard i should think the GT would just beat it.
    no he has the early 120 bhp one.

Withnail
    One of the best handling cars ever made. Get one, just dont **** with the suspension or ride height.