Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat Nav

well i got the software from work so...
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    Ended up getting the nav man 520. Seems pretty cool so far, will give it a proper go in a week

Punto Lover
    While we're on the subject of sat nav.......

I have a tomtom go 500, and its been fine since the day i bought it, up untill recently when they brang out the newer models. Im not sure why but here are my problems.

Takes agggges, sometimes even up to 5 minutes to get a signal, even in places it was previously working fine.

Often routes me to longer distances instead of the shortest, or fastest.

Used to work great with my old sony ericsson Z600, and fine with my new W800i, and now it doesnt want to recieve any calls by pressing the green button in the corner of the screen when the phone rings, or access the stored phonebook or last calls made to make a call either.

The text message facility is crap. If someone sends me a message longer than a page, it doesnt allow you to scroll down to view the rest. So i have to pick up my mobile and use that to read them.

I have never been able to write a text message using the tomtom's touch screen keypad, regardless of letting it access the internet through my mobile, it still doesnt want to work.

There are other niggly things too, but those are the main ones that piss me off. So much for spending £450 last july on this piece of ****!

Help would me much appreciated

Punto Lover
    with the general slowness if it's a problem that's developed, try pressing the reset button underneath with a pin or something similar, as for the blootooth, it's a simple system that works better with some phones than others, not really meant to be the be all and end all of handsfreekits, the texting thing for example, let's you get the general jist of the message without reaching for your phone. the calling functions and contact importing do work better with some phones than others though, try getting a V3 to work, nightmare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12