Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Astra GSI, Astra VXR, New Focus ST, Civic Type R

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalflake Skillz
    If you had about 16k to spend which of the above would you go for and why?

Ive booked my test drive in the ST but have been warned that they are quite slow.

Im veering towards the VXR on looks and performance.

Punto going under lock and key soon .... lol
    astra will loose money quicker than the rest and the interior mings IMHO and the car is not 16k lol

I'd be inclinded to buy a second hand typeR soon. the price should tumble once the new one is out. alternatively consider the leon FR TDi 170hp and good mpg shame its 17.5k lol

in reality they are all around the same performance. the ST is less hardcore so to speak however

p.s keep an eye out for a vectra VXR they loose a lot in the first year. I've seen them with 2ko nthe clock going for 18k at a dealer

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum capture
    astra will loose money quicker than the rest and the interior mings IMHO and the car is not 16k lol

I'd be inclinded to buy a second hand typeR soon. the price should tumble once the new one is out. alternatively consider the leon FR TDi 170hp and good mpg shame its 17.5k lol

in reality they are all around the same performance. the ST is less hardcore so to speak however

p.s keep an eye out for a vectra VXR they loose a lot in the first year. I've seen them with 2ko nthe clock going for 18k at a dealer

Prices are already down mate went to see one today.

Punto know it all
    r u only looking at a brand new car, cos there are quite a few type r civics with 20k milage or less, with slight bodywork and ice mods for 13k and under.

if it was my choice i get the type r, as no vtecs have failed (im pretty sure on this fact)

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by Add_punto
    r u only looking at a brand new car, cos there are quite a few type r civics with 20k milage or less, with slight bodywork and ice mods for 13k and under.

if it was my choice i get the type r, as no vtecs have failed (im pretty sure on this fact)

Yep i have made my choice mate.

I drive a Civic Type-R as a runabout to keep the miles off the Funto!!

Nice cars, handle very well and are quite quick.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    I drive a Civic Type-R as a runabout to keep the miles off the Funto!!

Nice cars, handle very well and are quite quick.
    I think I must have a phobia since driving the Elise, throwing anything large round bends just feels like trying to pilot a bus round a race track.

The Elise was so light, so balanced and so direct anything else just doesnt excite me. I can make progress in the Audi, but when you have to suddenly change direction youve got a **** load of car still going in the other direction and has to suddenly catch up with you, Im sure its the same for any non monocoque'd chassis car that weighs a lot over a tonne.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

I agree James. It's a shame I don't fit in anything like an Elise, or better still, an Exige. My wallet isn't quite big enough for one either!!

The handling on the Type-R is massive amounts better than the Punto. I noticed straight away, that it is not as nimble and as potent as I imagine a Lotus is. As you say, this is due to its size and weight. As far as hatches go, and from the reviews of many magazines, the Type-R is the best of the rest though.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Isnt the clio better ? always beats it track times. Im not a fan, its just an observation.

I dont know how fast across ground the A3 is, its so well built that deafening inside with music you cannot hear it outside, all you notice is the interior mirror moving with the bass! What Im saying is it can make progress but its severley damped by noise supression. It gets to high speeds very easily.
    Twitter: @ImJamesHans

sh33n
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans
    Isnt the clio better ? always beats it track times. Im not a fan, its just an observation.
    IMO the Clio gives far better feedback and is much more predictable and 'chuckable' that the Civic.

Both good handaling cars though.

Breadvan Skillz
    Made my choice picking it up on Friday.

All i can say is Full leather, Air Con, And a wicked SatNav H/U as std.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast