Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just ordered my N80

Withnail
    Its a slider phone, Kas.

I've tinkered with it all day and the UI is quick. I've had a play with an N70 and hated it, to be honest. Its much faster than that. Being the new version of the OS, there are a few bugs that need ironing out, but on the whole its a very pleasant phone to use.

Syncs very nicely with Outlook, too, which was one of my main requirements.

I've only scratched the surface, really. Cant wait to try out WIFI and the music payer, etc.

Battery life should be interesting...

Sweet, sounds excellent, should be nice and free on upgrade

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Sweet, sounds excellent, should be nice and free on upgrade
    Woah, hold your horses - what network are you on and how much are you paying per month?

Orange, they already told me i can have whatever i want, the lass even told me to wait til June so i can get one of these new models

FREE FREE FREE!

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Orange, they already told me i can have whatever i want, the lass even told me to wait til June so i can get one of these new models

FREE FREE FREE!
    Wow, lucky you. I was originally with o2. Upgrade to an N80? £170. No thanks. Cancel my contract with them, get a PAC code, get the phone for £50 from Orange on a cheaper tariff? Yes please.

O2 wouldn't budge on the price, idiots.

Punto Lover
    You wont get the N80 for free on an upgrade with Orange. £49.99 is the cheapest it gets...

Tom

Punto know it all
    looks quite chunky, only really seen the demo one in the shops, what's it like size wize?

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoBoy
    looks quite chunky, only really seen the demo one in the shops, what's it like size wize?
    Its a nice little size, considering what's packed into it. Its chunkier than a Razr, but its more than managable.

Punto know it all
    i got my n70 for £40 on t-mob

I've been "driving" (pun intended!) an N70 (free on Orange) since December 2005 (before which I had a Motorola A1000 on 3), and at first I was really happy with it. As time has passed by I have begun wondering if the SE K800i may be a far better phone. The N70 video recording is first class, and its photo quality is by far the best, maybe be even better than my digicam. The sound quality is very good too, playing full length MP3 files with no porblems, even as a ringtone, whereas other phones don't seem to manage this as well.

The N70 however is a little on the slow side as far as UI and O/S go, the sliding back cover for the camera makes the phone very chunky, and when in my pocket it feels a bit bulky (you slide it down to activate the camera, then back up when done, and this protects the lense).

I found the screen rather awkward to see in our recently bright sunshine and the screen also scratched very easily and seemed to trap dirt underneath (ie between the outer protective screen and the inner one with the actual images). The keypad, whilst just "OK", I sometimes found was a little too small for my podgy fingers, especially when texting very quickly.

TBH my contract is up in December 2006, and as soon as this draws near I will be changing this maybe for a SE K800i.

Who knows? There maybe something better on the market by then, with any luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast