Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: think i wrote me car off

fixed right it wont fail the MOT.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    My mates Hyundai Coupe was written off quite bad, he bought it to repair and so he did, it passed MOT fine.
    Chris has seen this car. It looks fine.

Looking at the pics looks like it needs a new

Bumper
    Rear quater (insurance) proberly fillable and bent back into place
    New inner rear quater?? Dunno if it has one
    Either new or fix rear slam panel and boot floor,
    fix boot lid

My dads old fiesta was in a rear ender and they replaced the rear boot floor, rear slam panel, boot and bumper.
    Last edited by PuntoDom; 13th May 2006 at 23:42.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pgt3
    yeah i had a lad looking at it today he said it could be fixed but it will prob never be the same and might not pass mot, said it was to badly damged and he would not put his name to it,
    how bad was scotti p crash?
    The damage to my car was bad! It bent the sill right in, like Puntoboy said, destroyed two 15" superleggeras, passenger door, passenger side skirt, rear 1/4 pannel, made a few holes in the petrol tank... list goes on!! And then if seeing it like it saw wasnt enough, I was told by everyone who saw it that it was a write off! Mum, dad, mechanics(sp)... everyone who was anyone realli! That was gutting to hear! The damage to mine looked like yours. There is a thread on mine somewhere... I'll find it and get the link.

timmyturbo1
    Almost anythings repairable but its the costs involved, most insurance companies are quick to write them off.

Its also true that its rare your allowed anything to do with your car these days after insurance companies are invlolved, its a big con really, they offer you an amount, keep your car and thats it, if you specify before you get your insurance that you want right to ownership no matter what then you can choose, if not your buggered, generally speaking, i'm sure there is exceptions.

Gt-Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy
    please dont break this car.

fix it. please.

Please break it! cud do wi a bonnet n tailgate in that colour n doors too!

AlanGT
    I agree, fix it please.. this is prob the nicest punto i've seen around,, i was thinking about buying it from russ.. such a great punto!

i was considering buying this from the gal last year, but russ stole it, and i had to settle for my gt3 :P

RussGT
    Soo I am in Ibiza now, killing some time, I though I would see whats going on....

And NOOOOOOOO, I loved that car I feel for you man, I canīt beleive the car Is ****ed.

I am sue you looked after it and by what you have said it wasnīt your fault, so, the insurance will pay out..Are you fully comp?

shame though, get a quote for fixing it, do you know anyone in the motor trade to do it on the cheap over a longer period?

Good luck with it.

I see you have tinted the lights, done anything else?

Russ

RussGT
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzagt
    u can not buy cars back any more
    Well I think you may be right, but when someone hit me on a roundabout in the Rialto Blue Gt I got to keep the car and get the pay out. The 3rd partyīs insurance c.o where not interested atall.

There could be hope for you yet.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RussGT
    Soo I am in Ibiza now, killing some time, I though I would see whats going on....

And NOOOOOOOO, I loved that car I feel for you man, I canīt beleive the car Is ****ed.

I am sue you looked after it and by what you have said it wasnīt your fault, so, the insurance will pay out..Are you fully comp?

shame though, get a quote for fixing it, do you know anyone in the motor trade to do it on the cheap over a longer period?

Good luck with it.

I see you have tinted the lights, done anything else?

Russ
    thought it wouldn't be long before you posted on here, lol
    i took care off the car and never had 1 problem with it,
    yeah the accident was not my fault was sitting at light's and car hit me from behind, have been talking to other person in crash and he said tht he told the insurance thathe is taking full responsability for crash. car got taken away tuesday and have not heard amything back yet so i just need to wait and see what they do.
    only other mods i done was fit front mesh, white dials and as you said tint rear light's did'nt have to do anything to it was a stunning car,
    am still looking at bedroom window thinking it still there, totally gutted

Punto Lover
    mate get on there case other wise they will crush it. try and get the car backas well cos it dosen't look that bad.

put it on a jig, most of it will pull out , the rear quater could push out aswell, the rest is all cosmetics, bumpers etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast