Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 4WD Punto's?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    using the coupe box mate.
    16v turbo one yeh ?

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    piece off piss????? dont forget you have to fit a 2ltr first.

but tbh, i was thinking of doing it, but i think it wil slow it down... see it would lanch nice but i feel with FWD and the rite tyres i reckon i MAY be able to get the 2ltr into 11s, then the only time 4wd would make up would be on the launch, but once rolling the FWD setup would leave it for dust...
    After you have upped the power to about 450bhp then maybe you will get into the 11's, but other wise you wont

As for the grale transfer box, its attaches to the side of the box where the longer of the shafts run (along the back of the engine)

Sidenote, there is a UK grale that is about at about 400 / 450bhp and has run at TOTB, this does high 11's, so Greg, dream on with pasting

Gearbox Abuser
    mmmmm strange, cos when it comes to power to weight im very similar to barbz 11sec beast...

Punto know it all
    what about a twin engine?
    or is that out the question?
    i love dubweisers green twin vr6 job, its an inspriation to us all

Quote Originally Posted by Begbie
    After you have upped the power to about 450bhp then maybe you will get into the 11's, but other wise you wont

As for the grale transfer box, its attaches to the side of the box where the longer of the shafts run (along the back of the engine)

Sidenote, there is a UK grale that is about at about 400 / 450bhp and has run at TOTB, this does high 11's, so Greg, dream on with pasting
    Got to remember the Punto is LIGHT!
    Punto Gt no more!

really? I didn't know that!

Already spoken with greg about this last night. The coupe that got 11.9 is 500bhp, launch control and slick hoosier tyres. The coupe weigh's 1310kg

Punto with coupe engine, box etc... and i reckon it will be about 1100kg, so like i said, going to need about 400-450bhp to get into the 11's

Let use this calculator (proven to work well on the coupe forum) http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp So lets take the punto with 1000kg (which it isnt with the coupe engine and box) even with 350bhp it can only do a 12.2, 400bhp it does a 12.1 and 450bhp is 12.02

So it confirms what im saying, you will not get a 11 second run with good tyres and the power you have

The coupe engine and box weighs no less then 140Kg, I would put it over 160, circa 125 for a dressed engine and 50kg for the box. Having just sold one on the week end, I can tell darn gearbox is bloody heavy alone.

Rich

myredbullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie
    really? I didn't know that!

Already spoken with greg about this last night. The coupe that got 11.9 is 500bhp, launch control and slick hoosier tyres. The coupe weigh's 1310kg

Punto with coupe engine, box etc... and i reckon it will be about 1100kg, so like i said, going to need about 400-450bhp to get into the 11's

Let use this calculator (proven to work well on the coupe forum) http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp So lets take the punto with 1000kg (which it isnt with the coupe engine and box) even with 350bhp it can only do a 12.2, 400bhp it does a 12.1 and 450bhp is 12.02

So it confirms what im saying, you will not get a 11 second run with good tyres and the power you have
    if your running drag slicks then you use the RWD instead of FWD, works trust me.

which would see 11s

Punto know it all
    That calculator isn't THAT accurate tbh..

IT would need to know gear ratios and everything..

myredbullet
    Quote Originally Posted by CaL
    That calculator isn't THAT accurate tbh..

IT would need to know gear ratios and everything..
    you be suprised, its remarkably accurate, from my findings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234