Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ":Sharing the forum with the mk2 punto group..":

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    Hi Darren - its the webmistress here . Have only just logged on to see this topic as I can't really use the internet at work, and have been busy this evening.

I was wondering about the Mk2 forum - I've tried to log on to it for the last couple of days to talk about Brooklands and let you know about the pictures on the gallery (equal numbers of Mk1's and 2's in the pictures I hope you notice!).

I am very keen to get the Puntosports club started (as you may have noticed from other topics). I am in the process of looking at different Treasurers accounts, and have pretty much decided on one. However, as you know a club needs dedication from a few people to make it work. I (and I hope others) want it to be a Punto Club - not a Punto Mk1 club. How do the Mk2 owners feel about this? - I think Puntosports Club is a good name for a Punto owners club.

As for new forum sections - I did have both Marks in mind when I added them (hence the engine/exhaust forum for GT's since I know the volume of threads that get generated by GT owners and I didn't want the non-GT model threads to get lost amongst lots of topics about turbo's and dump valves). I didn't want to have too many sections - my idea was that people would prefix their topic with the Mark concerned, although it hasn't quite turned out like that . However, if the forums merge people might be encouraged to make it clear which mark and model they are referring to.

Anyway, thats enough from me for now!

dazza23203
    Yes our forum has been a little tempermental recently, it decided to go belly up just as soon as I got back from Brooklands. I have now PAID for a new server which seems much faster than before. Now it has moved yet again since yesturday - dont worry excaliber youre still registered !!.. new link and thisis the one that is staying , i hope.. http://darrenb190978.7host.com/newfo...um/default.asp . I did notice that your pics from brooklands october have gone??? Thanks for showing me motor in loads of pics.. Looks nice next to excaliber's !! sorry it was parked a bit close to you mate, i did not stick it there..

Treasurer's accounts, what you are wanting money !?! Sorry everythign we have done has come directly out of pockets of us. but hey its not been much really, new pc's, a heap of graphics and a truck load of model cars. I think ( and I hope the MK2's will ) that if we can sort some thing out it will bring the two marques together, and yes James Hans is right this could lead to better discounts, but then again it could work against us, if people feel that there are more MK1's, then nothing will be granted to the mk2 puntos.. Just a thought !!

As for the sections, yes we could live with it how it is, but maybe divide it a bit more than GT or not GT.. maybe change it to GT, Sportings, Hgt's and other puntos to invclude diesels and lesser models, not that theres anything wrong with a punto 55 or 8v mk2.. This would help out the mk2 peeps im sure..

Then we can use this forum as the "club", but still want to keep our site up and running, as I enjoy doing html's - yes bonkers me... and it does help more to have two sites, this way if someone is only wanting mk2 info we have a dedicated site - which also is changing very soon to a much more professional look.. I can't wait.. But we will still keep our forum up and running otherwise you will get tons of posts that are not relevant to you at all - as we do tend to just chat on our current forum a bit too much..

I will put this forward to the rest of the group - hopefully we can get some sort of agreement in place as to what we can do..

ross
    lesser models and meer mortals.

dazza23203
    Ok then - a prime example of why we had the mk2 forum to start with.. hummm.. WE DONT HAVE TURBO'S.. they are not nessesarily lesser cars and if money / insurance permitted i'd be driving something much better than these italian buggies.

If your remark was aimed at the more basic models, not the mk2's then im sorry for blowing me top off at ya.. 8)

I suppose this should be treated as a bit of friendly newbie hoe.. Heather - If you do the segments im sure I can get the others to come along..

J a m e s
    more puntos the better i say.

ross
    techincally while im hanging on buy a thread to punto ownership im still going to voice my opinion.

a punto is a punto and i think the mk2 ones are all good. and like james said the more people in the group, the more that is likely to happen, the more adventures we'll have and the more fun filled fantastic experiences on speaky sunroofs and dodgy dodgy dumpvales can be shared.
    lets not forget the eternal questions like, 15s vs 16's Vs 17s, and HOW MUCH SHOULD I LOWER BY!?!

why cant we all just get along

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    As you've probably noticed, I've made some changes to the sections in the forum. I will be making a few more over the next couple of days - so don't be suprised if things keep changine name or location!

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza23203
    Ok then - a prime example of why we had the mk2 forum to start with.. hummm.. WE DONT HAVE TURBO'S.. they are not nessesarily lesser cars and if money / insurance permitted i'd be driving something much better than these italian buggies.

If your remark was aimed at the more basic models, not the mk2's then im sorry for blowing me top off at ya.. 8)

I suppose this should be treated as a bit of friendly newbie hoe.. Heather - If you do the segments im sure I can get the others to come along..
    No offence Darren, but your wrong there! Ross has a 55, his comment was aimed precisely at himself and other owners of the mk1/2 1.1/1.2 8v models. Not a dig!!!

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritodipuntouk
    As you've probably noticed, I've made some changes to the sections in the forum. I will be making a few more over the next couple of days - so don't be suprised if things keep changine name or location!
    Heather,

I think you went a little crazy with the forums there girl!

Why not just:

GT

HGT

Sportings (both)

8v (both)

16v (both)

Punto know it all

HAPPY FAMILIES

the more Punto owners in the club the better never mind mark or engine size its about the Punto experience the fact that we drive a car thats not been driven by every teenage twat on earth or modded by everone and there not a common car.
    hopefully all Punto owners will benefit from more peoples opinion and knowledge

more people more power more puntos more punto powered people!!

thanx
    AN TONY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast