Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: british soldiers ( vid)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xploitGT
    whats the problem these prisoners were holding guns with intent to kill our troops etc. And do you think there govement care when the terrorists capture are troops/aid qorkers etc and cut there heads off.

The media make this worse by publishing the tabloids are heartless cnuts.
    this is a rather different responce than i was expecting from everyone i thought it was gonna be
    "oh i think they should be put in prision and throw away the key.... poor iquas"

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lumox
    this is a rather different responce than i was expecting from everyone i thought it was gonna be
    "oh i think they should be put in prision and throw away the key.... poor iquas"
    i dont agree that what there doing is right but very contraversal but its ok when there people do it to us.
    XploitGT

Spoiled Brat
    I seriously think the lad filming the video is becoming sexually aroused by watching them..

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiled Brat
    I seriously think the lad filming the video is becoming sexually aroused by watching them..
    yep, the bloke was a prat for videoing and then selling it to the papers.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bikey77
    And to ask a silly question...
    Why are the British soldiers in Iraq? Is it their land they're defending? No! Liberty? For who? No! Some very naive people might say it's for the good of the Iraqi people... Wake up mates, it's all about interests, controlling the oil, giving huge contracts to construction companies to "re-build" Iraq *cough* (make tons of money in the next few years from real estate)... Tony and George are NOT interested in anybody's freedom, if they gave a damn about it they would protect their own civilians better inside their own countries! Just think about it, is it really worth all thos 20yr old soldiers getting killed (from all countries, no matter) for some large companies to become richer?

As for the comment about the Iraqi kids throwing bombs at the soldiers, would you not do the same if you had an army of bullies at your doorstep? Have you ever thought about their side of the story? Would you not want all the foreign military off your land and out of your country so that you could get on with your life, gather your remains and struggle for a better day? I'm not blaming any of you because i know for a fact that the news you watch and hear is filtered out and you only see 10% of what's really going on, I have relatives in Canada which tell me the same. The media shows only what the government allows them to, and not the real HORROR. Terrorism never came from Iraq, not one terrorist was an Iraqi civilian, they come from other countries which used to be USA's friends but for well known reasons they suddenly became their enemies.

I agree with this, its a shame that many British troops have been sent to Iraq and they have been given a false reason for their efforts and made to stay there not for the well bieng of the people but for control of oil. Shame that they are putting their lives on the line for material wealth, which is not why many soldiers sign up for the army. And it's a damn shame that lives have been lost on both sides just because superpowers want to be richer and stronger and where their immediate intention is not to bring peace to the land and leave, cause if this was the case it would have happened months ago. It's a shame when a life is lost over money or other material wealth NO MATTER WHOS LIFE IT IS.

I wacthed the vid. I see a bunch of kids throwing rocks, cause if they were bombs surely they would have exploded. Then I see a group of soldiers runing to them with what looks like automatic weapons so obviously they run like hell. I heard the commentary on the backround as well, mmmmmmm interesting-that person sure hates Iraqi kids.

Anyways, I don't know how the whole thing started or who started it as all we have is the vid and we don't know if somethingelse happned before it so I cannot comment on who started it and who was right or wrong.

Bunch of kids throwing stones got chased and a handful got caught. They were then taken behind closed doors and beaten when clearly they did not have the power to defend themselves.

This is the only part that I don't agree with. Even if the kids were causing trouble (which is an assumption) and the soldiers then though they should scatter the croud and make arrests from the croud:
    1. to show that they mean business
    2. usually individuals who seem to stir the croud are usually targeted for arrest.
    Since the army arrested them those kids are now under arrest so in effect they are prisoners fo the war. Therefore it is not ethical nor is it legal to torture them, i.e. by beating them. If the soldiers felt strongly that the kids breached the point of misconduct where just a warning to them is no longer suitable they could have kept them under arrest and took them to a tribunal or better yet took them to the Iraqi court and make sure they were punished by their own law, this would have also enforced their intent of bringing peace to the Iraqi land.

So really what they did was illegal, as they were no longer inguaged in battle and they had made an arrest.

And Jimma, if a country agrees to the the Geneova conventions rules, regulations and laws, those rules, regulations and laws does not just apply to the boundaries of that country but it applies to that countries actions (both national and iternational) as well. So no matter British troops go to all over the world they are always governed by them and also since the army is part of the many actions of this country really what they did was illegal.

Shame it all happned

Punto Enthusiast
    GT Gem, I agree 100% with you.

xploitGT, you said "whats the problem these prisoners were holding guns with intent to kill our troops etc. And do you think there govement care when the terrorists capture are troops/aid qorkers etc and cut there heads off."
    I think you have some things wrong mate. Please take 1 minute to think... You can't call every dark-skinned man a terrorist. This is what Bush is trying to pass on to our sub-concience. They are Iraqi citizens that dont like having armies from 2 dozen foreign countries on their own soil, just like me and you wouldnt like it either. Never DID the Iraqi people ask for help, never DID they have chemical and biochemical waepons. Never did they affiliate with Bin Laden. All that is Bush & Blair's bullsh*t to convice the rest that they HAVE to go to "war" (who's against whom?) and hunt terrorists (which ones? where from? Bin Laden is from Afganistan mate, thats where it all started!). To make a long story short, they never needed or asked for our help, thats why they dont want any of our countries' armies down there. Just think, sometimes we hate having foreigners living in our country, imagine having alien military bossing us around like dirt. And dont think that every soldier is a good boy fighting for his country, there are many scum bag soldiers down there as well who feel the rush of power over other poor and exhausted people and use their force to make their own egos bigger. Just like the young cops do when they come fresh from the Academy, all bossy and walking around all so cocky.

(Sorry about my english but i dont use it frequently as I live in Greece)

Good words there, Gem and Bikey

I agree with y'all too, you sound like educated, civilised, open-minded people who can actually think and put themselves in someone elses' shoes.

You have both hit soooo many nails on the head there, but you know what??? Unfortunately, most of the people who will read your posts won't have the intelligence to understand them.

THAT is a dam shame.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Gem
    I wacthed the vid. I see a bunch of kids throwing rocks, cause if they were bombs surely they would have exploded. Then I see a group of soldiers runing to them with what looks like automatic weapons so obviously they run like hell. I heard the commentary on the backround as well, mmmmmmm interesting-that person sure hates Iraqi kids.

Anyways, I don't know how the whole thing started or who started it as all we have is the vid and we don't know if somethingelse happned before it so I cannot comment on who started it and who was right or wrong.

Exactly, no one knows what really happened but everyone jumps on the bandwagon and goes against the British Soldiers. I think your opinion would differ massively if that was your boyfriend the little sods were firing upon...! Please see both sides of the argument, we don't know what actually happened.

Bunch of kids throwing stones got chased and a handful got caught. They were then taken behind closed doors and beaten when clearly they did not have the power to defend themselves.

As per my above comment.

This is the only part that I don't agree with. Even if the kids were causing trouble (which is an assumption) and the soldiers then though they should scatter the croud and make arrests from the croud:
    1. to show that they mean business
    2. usually individuals who seem to stir the croud are usually targeted for arrest.

Do you really think that being arrested is going to "show them they mean business?" This isn't London, this is Iraq Gem. Be realistic. Your suggestions would do diddly squat.

Since the army arrested them those kids are now under arrest so in effect they are prisoners fo the war. Therefore it is not ethical nor is it legal to torture them, i.e. by beating them. If the soldiers felt strongly that the kids breached the point of misconduct where just a warning to them is no longer suitable they could have kept them under arrest and took them to a tribunal or better yet took them to the Iraqi court and make sure they were punished by their own law, this would have also enforced their intent of bringing peace to the Iraqi land.

So really what they did was illegal, as they were no longer inguaged in battle and they had made an arrest.

So are you informing me that if I fire a gun at someone and then stop, and they beat me for it, then what they're doing is illegal? Don't be so naive. War time changes things and these people are subjected to a great deal of stress.

And Jimma, if a country agrees to the the Geneova conventions rules, regulations and laws, those rules, regulations and laws does not just apply to the boundaries of that country but it applies to that countries actions (both national and iternational) as well. So no matter British troops go to all over the world they are always governed by them and also since the army is part of the many actions of this country really what they did was illegal.

Actually, that's wrong. As I've already said, lawyers all over the world agree that whilst it's immoral, what America is doing with prisoners at Guantanamo is totally legal.

Your comment is therefore incorrect, to the best of my knowledge Iraq and those particular individuals don't sign up to the Geneva Convention and so it's irrelevant. They are not legally prisoners of war in this instance from my "scarce knowledge" and so I go by what the world's top lawyers say.

It's still not actually been proved that what our government did was illegal - especially in light of the Advocate General's agreement.

Irrespective of this, the British Army are out there through no decision of their own other than to be a part of the Army.

Shame it all happned
    See my above comments.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Good words there, Gem and Bikey

I agree with y'all too, you sound like educated, civilised, open-minded people who can actually think and put themselves in someone elses' shoes.

You have both hit soooo many nails on the head there, but you know what??? Unfortunately, most of the people who will read your posts won't have the intelligence to understand them.

THAT is a dam shame.
    Are you saying that just because I disagree with your comments, and Bikey and Gem's that I'm not educated, uncivilised and close-minded?

Suggest you open your mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikey
    This is what Bush is trying to pass on to our sub-concience. They are Iraqi citizens that dont like having armies from 2 dozen foreign countries on their own soil, just like me and you wouldnt like it either. Never DID the Iraqi people ask for help, never DID they have chemical and biochemical waepons. Never did they affiliate with Bin Laden. All that is Bush & Blair's bullsh*t to convice the rest that they HAVE to go to "war" (who's against whom?) and hunt terrorists (which ones? where from? Bin Laden is from Afganistan mate, thats where it all started!). To make a long story short, they never needed or asked for our help, thats why they dont want any of our countries' armies down there. Just think, sometimes we hate having foreigners living in our country, imagine having alien military bossing us around like dirt.
    This is not an argument about the British Government, it's about this particular incidence - Bikey, you're changing the run of the thread.
    Last edited by jimma; 16th February 2006 at 12:38.

Punto Lover
    How do you then fall into that majority?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast