View Poll Results: Whats the likelihood of me being able to swap my Sporting for a GT? (to include £££s)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very likely, I know someone...

1 7.14%
  • Possible

3 21.43%
  • Unlikely

5 35.71%
  • Hahahahaha good one... who's gonna want to swap to a sporting...

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the likelihood...

soche

What is the likelihood...

Of me being able to swap my very well looked after Sporting for a good conditioned GT....?? (obviously to include some additional £££)

Is this something people have heard of happening b4?

puntodan
    I was going to do that with mine ages ago at a fiat dealer! But i couldn't get the loan from the bank and it had to fall through!! Not many dealers have them now though and the sporting is worth bugger all thses days!

Punto Lover
    Why not just sell the Sporting then buy a GT? probably a better bet financially than swapping it

soche
    I wouldnt do it via a dealer. They want to get the cash in not swap cars on their forecourt!

I took out a loan for my car and its only 1/3 repaid and got 2 more years to go! Financially, I'd prefer to swap and pay a bit extra rather than get another loan. I'll probably just stick with my Sporting... and save up for something when my insurance comes down even more

Anonymous
    Save your pennies, and let your insurance drop. That way you'll be able to buy a proper fast car in a few years. Especially if you already have a loan out for your current car.

soche
    I suppose. Did see a nice Azure blue Elise with a hard top in Autotrader for £15000...

Maybe I can wait til I'm a bit older and am thinking about saving for a deposit for a house

Punto Lover
    Just think tho that the GT isn't anything amazing over the Sporting. It's just faster.
    Doesn't handle any differently and doesn't do anything in normal everyday driving that the Sporting can't.

Just make the most of a car that's cheap (ish) to insure and doesn't drink much petrol.
    If you had money to spend then fair enough but get yours paid off before you look for something else.
    Sportings are nice little cars.

soche
    ok, sounds good to me. Any faster and I would probably run it off the road somewhere

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    Just think tho that the GT isn't anything amazing over the Sporting. It's just faster.
    Doesn't handle any differently and doesn't do anything in normal everyday driving that the Sporting can't.

Just make the most of a car that's cheap (ish) to insure and doesn't drink much petrol.
    If you had money to spend then fair enough but get yours paid off before you look for something else.
    Sportings are nice little cars.
    EH? The entire point of owning a GT is that it IS "amazing" in comparison to the Sporting, the powers up by a massive 60% and torque by 100% (as standard). OK so i've pushed shopping trolleys that handle better, but to say there's no difference in handling isn't necessarily correct, the springs are different between the GT and Sporting which would make a difference. GT's have brake disks on all four corners with ABS. GT's are exclusive, there's less than 2000 GT's on UK roads compared to 10's of thousands of Sportings.

And the GT's pierce-de-resistance, HEADLIGHT WASHERS :P

The only benefit of owning a sporting is they're slightly cheaper to run & much cheaper to insure.

Worth the upgrade from a Sporting? Hell yes!

They are two very different cars in the way they drive and the way they should be driven.

Withnail
    I agree with J4mes, the GT is a totally different car. I've never had so much fun as I have in mine. (fun relating to cars, of course).

doesn't do anything in normal everyday driving that the Sporting can't
    Uh? A turbo makes quite a bit of difference to everyday driving, if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast