Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 306 cabby..

Punto Sports Club Member webber77's Avatar
    Dot know how much it costs, but loking through one of my old issues of Max Power, some bloke has put a Cosworth running gear and engine into his 306.Dont know if it'll work on a ab but it did ona normal hatch. Might be worth looking into, He said actually fitting the engine was hardly any trouble at all, i think the engine mounts are in near enough the same position. Just a thought on it

I must stop saying "tbh"
    Quote Originally Posted by webber77
    Dot know how much it costs, but loking through one of my old issues of Max Power, some bloke has put a Cosworth running gear and engine into his 306.Dont know if it'll work on a ab but it did ona normal hatch. Might be worth looking into, He said actually fitting the engine was hardly any trouble at all, i think the engine mounts are in near enough the same position. Just a thought on it

er wasn't that the one where he chopped the top off a 306 and welded it to a sierra floorpan?

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slider
    er wasn't that the one where he chopped the top off a 306 and welded it to a sierra floorpan?
    yes i belive it was also this has been used on a couple of 206's aswell.
    XploitGT

Southern Events Organiser
    what the fudge?1 bit extreme isnt it?? im not up for that!

no i dont think it was, hehad to lengthen the drive shafts a little but it was an actuall 306 shell

I must stop saying "tbh"
    the shell of a standard 306 is narrower so the shafts would have been shortened

tbh the easiest method is to chop the floor pan off and transplant the shell all day long

the shell of a standard 306 is narrower so the shafts would have been shortened

tbh the easiest method is to chop the floor pan off and transplant the shell all day long
    thats the one, i'm not saying its the only way to do it, i'm just saying thats the way the bloke done it.Gotta admit, it looked quite mean though

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456