Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Punto Insurance - Bluming heck who's the cheapest?

Question Punto Insurance - Bluming heck who's the cheapest?

Hello,

I have been pricing up Punto Sporting 1.2 16V Mark 2 cars. I am only 17 years old and the insurance is very high. I have tried Tescos and they say £2600 and I have tried Fizzel they say £2500. These are the cheapest quotes I have had so far are there any cheaper insurance companies?

How do these insurance firms sleep at night knowing what they are charging? My guess is they drink alot of Horlicks Hot Chocolate?

Kind Regards,
    Poloman

Banned Trader
    i have a mk1 sporting, and with my mum as policy holder with no no claims, and me and my dad named drivers..

1100 fully comp, norwich union, mods declar ed

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    try elephant.

Hi,

My parents wont put themselves down for my insurance and Norwich union where more expensive. I'll try elaphant. Thanks any more suggestions?

roca_pnoy
    i bought my punto 55s 1.1 when i was 17 insured for £1800!! under my name, third party, don't think its good being under someone else's name, best to build up those NCB's!!!

hpe that helps

no intention of hijacking this thread but i'm 18 now and gotta renew it next month, best i've got is £1,300 1 ncb

oh yea i was with quinn direct

Punto Lover
    Put them on there without knowing.
    You dont have to show them your insurance certificate.

Punto know it all
    I was 17, no ncb, no other people under my insurance, was quoted £1450 with asda and then £900 with passplus! (3rd party btw)

Punto Lover
    If your going fully comp its going to be pretty mental. Try norwich union rapid bonus they give quite a large discount with pass plus, still around 2k with.

But try, admiral, or quinn direct. Might be best going tptt as the excess on fully comp can be near 500, and tptt around 200.

Punto know it all
    I got a quote from admiral, 3rd party for a GT for only £1500! With no ncb and my mum and dad as named drivers!

Spoiled Brat
    I'm 19 and my new insurance quote is £365.65 TPFT on my mk1 1.2l 16v Sporting, which I thought was impressive

Elephant add things on without asking, good thing (imo) is it's a 10 month policy, with excellerated no claims bonus. When I first insured the Sporting with them, I was 18 and it cost me £1500 TPFT .. after I got my years no claim I changed to Endsleigh (Liverpool based insurance company) which cost me £650 TPFT, now I have 2 years no claims (God knows how lol) and it's almost halved to £365.65, excess is only £135 and that's with Quinn Direct and If I remember correctly, they don't mind mods.

Do a quote online with www.quotethemarket.co.uk They can come up with some quite impressive quotes I've found

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast