Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punto Insurance - Bluming heck who's the cheapest?

Spoiled Brat
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_minx
    OMG that's weird that you have had such huge quotes from Tescos. I had just turned 18 when i got my mk2 sporting, with no ncb and i was quoted around £1000 with breakdown recovery too. Do you live in a rough area??!
    Lol.. It does count alot tho tbh. Shropshire is one of the safest places in the country, so I went with a Liverpool based insurance company n so my insurance went down £850, because they're prob not used to un-rough areas lol

Punto Enthusiast
    All I can say is good luck really, you have got to remember that the sporting is a group 7 car and a mk2 is still relatively new so is gonna be expensive to insure!
    Im 19, 0NCB and a student. Im paying £1880 fully comp for my insurance on my 2001 mk2 Sporting with Direct Line and they were the lowest I could find, and thats including my colleague discount for workin at Sainsburys (dont ask)

Hello,

I have tried Direct Line and they won't quote me they don't seem to like 17 year olds. I work at Morrisons part time as I am a student still and they offer 15% off car insurance but they only insure over 21s

I have got the insurance down to £1,950 with Quinn Direct but thats 3rd Party, Fire and Theft I really want comprensive.

Spoiled Brat
    Quinn Direct seem to be pretty good for me too

If you're wanting Fully Comp, thne really you shouldn't expect it cheap at all. Just go Third Party Fire n Theft, I've never gone Fully Comp because of the stupid cost.
    You could try lowering it by putting one of your parents as a named driver? See if that works. Otherwise - you'll have to go on your Mum or Dads if you want Fully Comp cheaper, as that's the only way you'll get it without buying a different car. My parents wouldn't let me go on their insurance... in the long run its best though I suppose, I've built up my ncb's so it's worked out ok-ish.

Hi,

Yeah my parents wont let me go on there insurance and if i'm getting a car I want it to be "all mine" if you know what i'm trying to say. If they was on the insurance they would be questioning me where I was going everytime I got in my lovely yellow punto.

But i'm getting a little carried a way at the moment because I haven't even passed my test yet but thats in the very near future so I need to get a good understanding about the pricing etc.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Poloman
    Hi,

Yeah my parents wont let me go on there insurance and if i'm getting a car I want it to be "all mine" if you know what i'm trying to say. If they was on the insurance they would be questioning me where I was going everytime I got in my lovely yellow punto.
    If you just add your mum as a named driver to YOUR policy it will reduce your premium. Dont know why but it works

Punto_stefi
    Well im with tesco at the moment and paid £1100 for a years insurance last june fully comp. How ever I had a little accident which has unfortunately gone down as my fault when it clearly wasn't at all but insurance didnt want to know. Im going to be going with Adrian Flux in June when it comes to renewal. I'm a f'ing student and i work for a **** multimillion pound chain of pubs getting payed bradd buttons so im gona have to pay monthly next year but its only £90 a month i think to insure my car fully comp with adrian flux with all mods declared on it. (or will be when renewal comes)

Punto Enthusiast
    Not this again.... everyone is different. its not just age and car that determine a quote! only way is to ring around!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123