Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mobile phone help

mobile phone help

i'm just about to get a new mobile.

basically i want one that i can get tomtom on,
    which is the best one out there for this,
    and where can i get all the stuff that i need to use it from, am i correct in thinking some of the users on here have copies of the program needed.
    what elso do i need to get?

MAtt.

Punto Lover
    Get the N70, try and find a cheap one on O2 as they do not mess about with the firmware as much as anyone else. If you want cheap then look at either Three with a cashback somewhere or Orange with half price line rental and old handset buyback to bring down the cost over the year.

Punto Lover
    weren't people having problems running tomtom on N70's though??

get one of those badboys, unless you plan on sending lot's of texts from busses

Punto Lover
    paul_75sx has a fix for n70, though im yet to try it.
    I have tomtom sw along with paul, good bit of kit.
    I did make a post about it a while back, http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=42834
    that tells you what you need and what phones it works on.
    PM me if you require any more help.
    Dom

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 55tim
    weren't people having problems running tomtom on N70's though??

get one of those badboys, unless you plan on sending lot's of texts from busses
    what phone is that. its a pda right.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by mawbster
    what phone is that. its a pda right.

it's names the HTC magician, it's made by a far eastern firm for anyone that wants it badged as theur own product, variants include the Qtek s100, imate JAM, vodafone VDA compact, t-mobile XDA compact, 02 xda mini, and a few more, as well as being put in a newer case and sold by orange, hardware wise they are all identical, however some networks play with the firmware more than others, i have the t-mobile mda version, and as long as you don't plan on texting whilst moving (too often) then it's great, otherwise the on screen keyboard can be fiddly (when being driven in a car, or on the bus/train/etc) overall i can thourghly recommend it, and it runs tomtom navigator instead of tomtom mobile, which means very little, but there is a slight difference.

Punto know it all
    id love a n70. they are great phones. just cant get one cheap enough yet. and my contract doesnt run out for months!

If you wanted an N70 and get a new contract go to phones for you. On most tarrifs the phone is free, and if you have a contract with a few months left, they give you cash back to end your current contract. Plus they will probably offer you bolt ons etc but if u say no, they also give you cash back to pay for them, so you are really getting free stuff.
    But in my opinion, the n70 is a bit bulky for a phone

Punto know it all
    it runs out in 8 months. and i dobut they will cancel my contract. as its a 12 month contract. they wont do me a upgrade either?!

Could you not phone the service provider and say that you are unhappy with the service you have recieved etc and that the phone is not what its made out to be? Sometimes they will offer you a new phone, could be worth tryin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast