Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 106 gti vs Gt

mike_roberts
    Clio 182!!!! it got compared to supercars just because of its superb handling in the Evo mag.

mikeyb90
    plus they look the absolute bollox!!!!

mike_roberts
    Yeh thats another good aspect... but seriously, for such a "cheap" car to get compared to super cars, from the likes of lamborghini and ferrari (iirc), and its a car magazine like Evo comparing them, its a pretty **** hot car.

Punto Lover
    The only problem with them clios is the driving position is terrible, so have a few test drives before you decide to get it.

Punto know it all
    GT should pull away from a 106 if u know how to drive it..

with SEB2 setup i managed to pull half a car length from a totally stripped out, cammed 106 GTi, plus i had my tool set in the boot with other heavy spares (rear radius arm, hydrolic jack etc.)

Punto Lover
    my mates wee yolk..

141bhp with a filter and system.. she is quick...

no match for my gt tho once i get her up and running...

SleeperGT
    So many people underestimate the ol GT's, thats why I dont think ill ever sell mine now!!

x16pjr
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb90
    this is kinda relevant to this topic but wondering about these ?

GT3 against a Mk2 HGT (both standard)

106 GTi against a Saxo VTS

Clio 182 against a 206 GTi 180

well on paper the GT is 8.00 sec to 60mph but the top speed is 120mph where the HGT is 8.60 to 60 mph but has a top speed of 127mph so it would be close that is going of two standard cars and may i say 0.60 of a sec is not alot its like the front bumper only

grizzler72
    my hgt is standard and has kept with a seb2 gt - Ryangt can verify that as well as goldsporting. As much as a 106 i have never lost out to one of these in a straight run - cant pull on them just sit on their tail same goes for the 306gti6 and the 206gti - not the 180 tho haven't really seen many of them. Don't underestimate the hgt's..

x16pjr
    plus one more thing is they can go around bends because i had a go with a honda civic type R and they are not that good in the wet on bends i could pull away from him from 10mph to 80mph then he stopped spinin and then he started coming up slow but mine is all standard

so sorry HGT are good all round i would say more on bends has long has you now how to drive your car

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast