Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tellys!!

Punto Lover
    Well if you're looking for something that's mega cheap look here (these are more TVs than monitors):

http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.a...&Submit=submit (the super special deal)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=98613

A friend has the following monitor and it is simply awesome. Has composite and s-video inputs so can be used as a tv too (as well as an amazing monitor) or to hook up your playstation. If you check out some reviews on the internet you'll see how good it is, but maybe not what you're looking for. (The Dell 2005FPW)

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.a...Page=4&SortBy=
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd20.html

Punto know it all
    You will only be dissapointed with a cheap LCD TV

Punto Lover
    I'm not too concerned about picture quality in that sense, as long as it's reasonable and not any worse than what I've got atm, the room is small, so anything bigger than 20" (or 28" 16:9 at a push, although this is a little big really) an LCD would be ideal in the small room sense, and phill, trust me i know about how **** cheap LCD's are, we have a goodmans one at work and whilst I've always thought goodmans have been decent, no frills cheap electronics, I'm not impressed with thier LCD efforts at all, and i refuse to go into ASDA and buy some bizzare far eastern thing that'll have more dead pixels than watchable screen and leave me harping after my old portable telly after a month..... just looking around atm, got untill the end of the month to decide

Punto know it all
    save for another few months and get something big and decent

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    save for another few months and get something big and decent

but a big, decent TV would cover two of my walls

puntomattb

Talking

[QUOTE=55tim] not too concerned about really really perfect picture quality as i tend not to notice the little things anyway, not fussed about high def or any of that bollocks as by the time I'll be concerning myself with all that most of the current crop of tellys will be dead and buriedQUOTE] - i would be m8 as you will not be able to recieve tv in 2008 coz of the change over (hd ready) so ad go for a hd ready one be cheaper in the long run,unless you happy just playin your ps3/4/5 lol

Punto Lover
    [quote=Pimpedpunto2005]
    Quote Originally Posted by 55tim
    not too concerned about really really perfect picture quality as i tend not to notice the little things anyway, not fussed about high def or any of that bollocks as by the time I'll be concerning myself with all that most of the current crop of tellys will be dead and buriedQUOTE] - i would be m8 as you will not be able to recieve tv in 2008 coz of the change over (hd ready) so ad go for a hd ready one be cheaper in the long run,unless you happy just playin your ps3/4/5 lol
    by then I'd hope to be living somewhere with more space, and be able to afford (both in terms of space and mullah) one of the ****ING HUUUUGGGGGEEEEE TV's that they'll bring out once everyone's gone high def and maybe find a home for this knocking around the house, but like i say, three years is a long time, and they won't be switching off the old analouge signals for a few years after that anyway.

Punto Lover
    The analog switch off will start in 2008 and is supposed to finish by 2012. But I don't believe that means you won't be able to use your current TV's. It'll just mean you'll have to go out and buy an external digital receiver and hook it up to your current TV. But we'll probably have 500 inch plasma neon ultra super dooper lcd photon tvs by then

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by puntomattb
    Quote Originally Posted by 55tim
    not too concerned about really really perfect picture quality as i tend not to notice the little things anyway, not fussed about high def or any of that bollocks as by the time I'll be concerning myself with all that most of the current crop of tellys will be dead and buried
    - i would be m8 as you will not be able to recieve tv in 2008 coz of the change over (hd ready) so ad go for a hd ready one be cheaper in the long run,unless you happy just playin your ps3/4/5 lol
    HD ready has nothing to do with the analogue switch off, which will probably happen in 2010.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    HD ready has nothing to do with the analogue switch off, which will probably happen in 2010.
    And isnt it correct that Sky will begin broadcasting in HD this year?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast