Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tellys!!

Punto Lover

Tellys!!

right, I guess the time has come to ditch the aging (must be 10 years old) 14" TV i currently have in my room, especially with PS3 due soon, can't be playing on a **** TV, so I'm after suggestions, budget is at the moment unknown, I'm quite taken by the idea of an LCD jobby but a decent one is DEFFO out of my budget, leaves me looking at either something around a 28" CRT, or smaller, squarer (4:3) LCD, value for money is a must, not too concerned about really really perfect picture quality as i tend not to notice the little things anyway, not fussed about high def or any of that bollocks as by the time I'll be concerning myself with all that most of the current crop of tellys will be dead and buried. so, any ideas??

Midland Events Organiser
    any rough idea of how much u want to spend??

Punto Lover
    honestly no idea untill the chips roll in at the end of the month, probably around £400 should do it, unless i decide to break the habit of a lifetime and borrow some... literally at the moment i have no idea, but i can't really justify anything either big or expensive as it's going into a small room and I don't want to not be taking those driving lessons cos i sent all my money on a pimp TV, but yeah, 400 notes should be realistic, maybe more if theres something worth it for a little extra.

Punto Lover
    You're talking about a TV right not a monitor? How far do you sit from your TV/monitor?

Punto Lover
    depends, I'd want a TV, but to use it as a PC monitor too would be usefull (and would be one of the things that would tempt me to spend a little more) I don't want a monitor as in TV minus tuner though, as i don't have sky/cable etc, and most likely never will. the room is tiny, probs 10' by 10' so it can't be huge, quite liking the look of THIS,THIS, and one of the many 28" crt tellys that are around for sub £400...

Punto Lover
    The samsung telly's have a good picture, and they must be good because XBox are using them on all their promotional stands to test the product. Ive even thought about buying one. John Lewis are good, a 5 year guarantee, the manufacturer only gives 1 year!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by missfcuk
    The samsung telly's have a good picture, and they must be good because XBox are using them on all their promotional stands to test the product. Ive even thought about buying one. John Lewis are good, a 5 year guarantee, the manufacturer only gives 1 year!
    yep, and they're very good at hounoring their price match policy too, so you can have the five years and it won't cost you any more than from argos

Punto Lover
    oh right?I didnt realise that, thats brill!

Hmmm new bigger telly....i like!

Punto know it all
    IMO you need an HD ready TV (LCD) for it to be worth while owning either an Xbox360 or PS3.

Punto know it all
    the tellys you pointed out only have a resolution of 640 x 480 isn't that fairly pants?

i'm not sure how it affects the telly part of things though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast