Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban myth or truth

Punto Lover

Urban myth or truth

New bloke in my office is trying to get his car through mot and hasnt much cash. His car is missing a spare and he asked me a cheap place to get one, i told him that he doesnt need a spare to pass the mot. the only stipulation is if there is a spare it must be legal. Can anyone confirm this as fact or is it a myth, and in fact you do need a spare. I would be most embarrassed if he didnt get one on the strength of my advice and then failed the mot. Cheers MC

PSC's resident CHAV
    pretty sure thats correct, you dont have to have one but if u have one it has to be legal

Punto Lover
    Im pretty sure too, but i need more proof than that! Has anyone got a boot build where the spare wheel well houses a sub? does that cause a problem at mot time

Punto Enthusiast
    Correct you don't need one. All I have in the Exige is a small can of tyreweld. The Audi A2 also does without a spare by having the can of foam.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    you do not get a spare wheel with the cooper s so i presume you wouldnt need one.

but if you did it would still have to be legal.
    XploitGT

Banned
    You are correct.

I've passed my MOT's with no spare tyre.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by misterchase
    Im pretty sure too, but i need more proof than that! Has anyone got a boot build where the spare wheel well houses a sub? does that cause a problem at mot time
    i dont have a spare because of my install and it passed mot fine. tho i do keep a can of tyreweld for my own peace of mind

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by misterchase
    Yes, i have a permanant false floor, the lower level is No More Nailed down. No way it's getting out in a hurry = no access to the wheel well.

ace2
    not only do you not need to have a spare wheel for the MOT. If the spare you have is not legal it will still pass

Punto know it all
    no spare needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast