Thread: 1.4 sporting or multijet hgt ???

b8ppj

1.4 sporting or multijet hgt ???

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and looking to change my car soon, the options are 1.4 punto sporting 54 plate or hgt multijet diesel 54 plate.
    Has anyone got any views on these cars ??
    I have owned a 1.6 8v sporting mk1, a 16v 1.2 mk1 sporting and a mk2 1.2 16v sporting, now got a 2002 206 hdi d turbo with 17" 180 gti wheels and to be honest not that impressed with it, and now seen 2 cars(listed above) at very good prices.
    What mpg do you get from the 1.4 ? and multijet diesel ?
    Would like the hgt as its got all the toys with it but is it worth spending the extra £1k ???
    Anything to be weiry off ???
    Any help will be great.

Cheers Phil

Hatchy
    personally....... I'd have a GT....

Sorry ......

Dancing Queenie
    Personally I'd go for the Sporting - just for the sheer fact it's not an oil-burner.

Punto Lover
    Hiya Phil, welcome to Puntosports

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by b8ppj
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and looking to change my car soon, the options are 1.4 punto sporting 54 plate or hgt multijet diesel 54 plate.
    Has anyone got any views on these cars ??
    I have owned a 1.6 8v sporting mk1, a 16v 1.2 mk1 sporting and a mk2 1.2 16v sporting, now got a 2002 206 hdi d turbo with 17" 180 gti wheels and to be honest not that impressed with it, and now seen 2 cars(listed above) at very good prices.
    What mpg do you get from the 1.4 ? and multijet diesel ?
    Would like the hgt as its got all the toys with it but is it worth spending the extra £1k ???
    Anything to be weiry off ???
    Any help will be great.

Cheers Phil
    I personally would buy the HGT as i was told by someone that if you never buy the top spec, you will always wish you had! And this is so so true! Variators can be a problem on the HGT's and cause a huge expense, so go for a low mileage one if you can. Center console silver part sometimes has cracks in, sat nav can be a bit tempormental too. Do all the basic checks of any car and try to get one that has been loved. Check the MK2 punto forum too! Welcome to the site