Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Free Anti Virus Software... What do you use?

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    I'd suggest this is where you're going wrong. Volkswagen Audi Group don't make Antivirus software

I mean AVG

Withnail
    As for firewalls, get yourself an ADSL router and use the built in one on that. I'd reccomend D-Link. Software firewalls are, once again, pretty shite at the best of times.

Banned
    Linux is all the security you'll ever need.

An anti virus or firewall on windows is a piece of piss to get through, easily less than 2 minutes. The joy of windows

Punto Lover
    As someone who works in IT Security...I use AVG at home! http://free.grisoft.com if anyone is looking for the free version!

I've always meant to download Nod32 as it is supposed to be THE best AV software out there, but always forget!

Nortons sucks ass! Thats my professional opinion! Their firewall software is great, but not their AV software. AND its a pain to uninstall completely...much like AOL.

McAfee and Trend are decent enough products. We use Trend on one of our sites that has just joined our organisation. We also use Sophos on the bulk of our PCs but its likley we'll be moving to Trend as I feel it is a better Enterprise solution than Sophos.

As for Firewall softare...as already said, if you can get the Norton Firewall on its on, then great! I use Sygate at home, but in the past have also used Zonealarm and Blackice or whatever the hell its called!

Sygate works but can be a pain in the ass until its setup correctly!

just my tuppence worth!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345