Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TomTom One

Withnail

TomTom One

Anyone got one? Had any experience of them?

soche
    thats the new tomtom go 300 replacement jobbie? The thinner one for £270 ish? Seems fairly reasonable but havent used one. Will probably get a tomtom unit at some point. theyve come down in price a lot over the pst 12 months.

Punto Enthusiast
    They are just the same as the 300, just a slimmer unit.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by soche
    thats the new tomtom go 300 replacement jobbie? The thinner one for £270 ish? Seems fairly reasonable but havent used one. Will probably get a tomtom unit at some point. theyve come down in price a lot over the pst 12 months.
    let me know as i get a sizeable discount!

i'd personally go for the garmin version.

my mates got one and i can't fault it, had everything and was really accurate.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jambosm6
    They are just the same as the 300, just a slimmer unit.
    not really, in use it pretty much is, but the maps and software are a little mor up to date (as it's only just come out) and the hardware is slightly better (faster proccessor etc) although the screen is slightly smaller and not quite as good, I'd still take a ONE over a 300 though, if i could drive in order to need it, that is

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    i work @ pc [cough] planet [/cough] yes it is the 300 replacment and i thnk its dot on for the money. (i have the tomtom go 300) and if you look on our website i'm sure it will be £219 on a collect @ store item soon.

:xmas14:

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 55tim
    not really, in use it pretty much is, but the maps and software are a little mor up to date (as it's only just come out) and the hardware is slightly better (faster proccessor etc) although the screen is slightly smaller and not quite as good, I'd still take a ONE over a 300 though, if i could drive in order to need it, that is
    It only has an updated chipset for the GPS location infomation. It is the same unit as the 300, 500 and 700. I work in Dixons selling these things day in day out. The tomtom one and tomtom rider have the new SiRF Star III chipset, which is in fact only a slight improvement on the 300...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jambosm6
    It only has an updated chipset for the GPS location infomation. It is the same unit as the 300, 500 and 700. I work in Dixons selling these things day in day out. The tomtom one and tomtom rider have the new SiRF Star III chipset, which is in fact only a slight improvement on the 300...
    really?? I've been led to beleive that the ONE uses a 380Mhz CPU, the GO300 uses a 300Mhz CPU and the GO500&700 use a processor that sits above the two, not that that matters when it's just chugging along to itself telling you where to turn off, but they AREN'T truely identical inits crammed into different cases, similar yes, but not "The same"

Punto Lover
    Ive got a Tomtom go 500, and its great! Works as a handsfree unit for my fone, and allows me to scroll through and call people, send and view texts and allsorts. Never been lost since ive had it.
    Ive been told that the tomtom is better than the garmin anyway, whether its true, i dont know, but i cant fault mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast