Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: quick vid 30-100

Quote Originally Posted by punto855
    works fine this end..pah so much for windows machines..although it not very clear, i once did the same but from 30/35-90 in about 8.5ħsecs..unsure how it compares to yours

if what your saying is correct your car is megga quick and should do 12's on the 1/4 mile, well done

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by gtdean
    if what your saying is correct your car is megga quick and should do 12's on the 1/4 mile, well done
    wtf...wind your neck in sonnyjim

what i posted was a serious comment mate im not knocking you or any thing so my neck is well in, this is how i worked it out

0-30 about 3 secs
    30-90 about 8.5 secs
    90-100 about 1 sec
    terminal speed on 1/4 mile would be about 100mph
    which means if your figure is right you car would do the 1/4 mile in about 12.5
    what is wrong in saying that?

Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto Lover
    what i posted was a serious comment mate im not knocking you or any thing so my neck is well in, this is how i worked it out

0-30 about 3 secs
    30-90 about 8.5 secs
    90-100 about 1 sec
    terminal speed on 1/4 of a mile would be about 100mph
    which means if your figure is right you car would do the 1/4 mile in about 12.5
    what is wrong in saying that?
    i detected a hint of sarcasm and the end of your posting, im not entirely sure what it will do when running correctly, but i had also videod my car on a DV camera and posted it on here a few years ago (maybe someone has it), i will try and locate it as for 1/4 i doubt very very much it will ever do 12s more like mid 13s

this year i managed a 14.5 with partially locked rear brakes and majorly shagged Rad...engine temp was just under the red, very bald tyres..with those factors in mind a mid 13s is not unachieveable

sounds good mate, what spec are you running?

and as for rear brakes there a bloody pain in the arse lol

Punto Lover
    sounds good mate, what spec are you running?

and as for rear brakes there a bloody pain in the arse lol
    same as you except the turbo is different

Just out of interest Dean, I saw your wheels in Halfrauds today, seem to remember that you didnt no who they were by...

They are Wolfrace, as long as I am looking at the right ones. I saw them and thought they look just like your wheels.
    Punto Gt no more!

cheers tom, they may be but when i got them new they had a 3 letter logo in the middle of the wheel but cant for the life of me think what it was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12