Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new punto grande

Photoshoppin' Post Whore

new punto grande

taken from fiat site:

Fiat at the Pesaro Championshow
    Fiat will be at the Championshow, the major international motor-cycling and automobile event created by Graziano Rossi, taking place from 10 to 13 November in Pesaro.

‘I’m very happy to be next to my friends Valentino and Graziano Rossi at this prestigious event, which we are taking part in for the first time with the Fiat Abarth team’ explains Lapo Elkann, Brand Promotion Manager for Fiat Auto. ‘It is certainly a festival of sport and motors, but one that pays tribute to the legends of the past: that is why we decided to take part with some of our most beautiful and famous sports cars… And we have great plans for the future, as shown by the Italian debut, right here at the Championshow, of the powerful Super 2000 Rally version of the Grande Punto.

The event’s Official Partner is the Fiat Abarth, which has made several racing cars available for the numerous, exciting exhibitions planned: the Super 2000 Rally version of the Grande Punto will be taking part in various national and international Rally Championships. In a three-layer pearl white colour, and fitted with a 2000 cc aspirated engine, this plucky car has a maximum power output of around 280 bhp and adopts four-wheel drive.

Alongside the Super 2000 Rally version of the Grande Punto will also be four Fiat Punto Abarth Super 1600 cars, representing the official Fiat team for three Rally championships: the World Junior Championship, European Championship (with Giandomenico Basso and Mitia Dotta) and the Italian Championship (with Paolo Andreucci and Anna Andreussi, 2003 champions with the Fiat Punto Abarth). Lastly, some famous faces from the world of show-business and sport will be taking to the track in four Fiat Panda Abarths, in action in the 2005 promotional trophy.

hmmmmmmmmmm anybody find anything else about these "super 1600/2000 class" road going versions?

Punto Lover
    where does is say road going versions?

Punto Lover
    that 2.0l sounds a bit special, 280 BHP, aspirated, should stick a turbo to it :xmas19:

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    thought there was a twin turbo?

Punto Lover
    they're talking about cometition cars, for specific series', not about road going editions.

Punto Enthusiast
    Anone else think Fiat have lost the plot on the design front? The Mk1 was designed by the same studio (Guigario) that designed the S1 Esprit.
    The Mk2 was still a nice design, but after that yuck, jellymould Corsa crap.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    yeah but i thought the black rally car was a twin turbo?

Punto Enthusiast
    There was talk of an Abarth limited edition 1600cc twin turbo'd lump., somewhere around the 220bhp mark i think (might be wrong).

iirc the new generation 'GT' will share the same 180bhp 1.6 turbo'd lump that the new corsa GSi is using.

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaFiat
    where does is say road going versions?
    it doesn't

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Duv85uk
    that 2.0l sounds a bit special, 280 BHP, aspirated, should stick a turbo to it :xmas19:
    I think by aspirated they mean turbo'd. Well at least thats what i think it must be to get 280bhp out of a 2.0l engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast