Thread: Porsche Boxster S

Punto Lover

Porsche Boxster S

Has anyone gone up against one of these with a rolling start? I am curious as I had an 'interesting' run against one of these and was pleasantly surprised. Bear in mind that it was very cold that night, I have a front mount and Seb2 setup with 15's. His passenger had her mouth wide open when we finally pulled up.

Photoshoppin' Post Whore
    my mate wasted one in his rs turbo....... lol should of seen his face..........

pulled up @ the side of us.......and keep creepin forwards..... but then the lights went green....... his reaction was **** thou..... lol and then he flew passed us when we pulled up....... givin us the bird lol

Punto60SX
    SEB 2 vs Standard Boxster is pretty even in a straight line

Not sure about the Boxster S though

Punto Lover
    The thing was that I pushed past him and then floored it staying in the middle lane fully expetcting him to overtake no problem. All I did see was his rear lights staying at the same distance until we came to some lights where his bigger brakes helped him overtake at the lights.

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Punto60SX
    SEB 2 vs Standard Boxster is pretty even in a straight line

Not sure about the Boxster S though
    Boxster S has 200bhp/ton (or 210bhp/ton for the 05+) which makes them pretty nippy. Easily quick enough to see off a SEB2 Punto, 0-100 in ~13.5s which is also comfortably faster than a 4.11 Punto.

I would suggest he either wasn't trying too hard (like didn't change down at all) or it was a standard Boxster badged up to look like an S.

Punto know it all
    Standard Boxster is fairly equal, you'd win perhaps.

Boxster S and he really wasn't trying I'm afraid, should be seeing you off reasonably comfortably - especially above 60.

Punto Lover
    Fair enough. I recognised the driver when we stopped and know him to have a healthy pocket than healthy driving skills.