Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: rip CTR!!!

Midland Events Organiser

rip CTR!!!

this is what happens when u go round a roundabout at 50mph in the wet and hit a signpost sideways and the pavement!

my mates typeR, R.I.P!

ouch, was there anyone in thr back?
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Midland Events Organiser
    no,his misses was in the passenger seat.We let him overtake us,and we dropped back coz it was wet,then as we got to the roundabout we noticed him wrapped round the sign!!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_ward2oo5
    no,his misses was in the passenger seat.We let him overtake us,and we dropped back coz it was wet,then as we got to the roundabout we noticed him wrapped round the sign!!
    [mounts high horse]Excellent, another c0ck off the roads. It sounds like he was driving far to fast for his ability and the conditions and so long as he's not injured that is good news.

I would imagine he's the sort of bellend that ramps people's insurance premiums up.[/sits happily on high horse]

I'm all the more pleased to hear that you dropped back because it was wet, good to hear at least one of you was being sensible/intelligent.

1/4 mile at a time
    [dismounts high horse]

Midland Events Organiser
    he is normally a very gud driver,but apparently when he felt it slide he slammed on his brakes,which u shudnt do,this caused him to spin and hit the kerb sliding sideways and smash into the signpost.

Punto know it all
    evidently not a good driver.

forget the "slamming on brakes"... what the **** was he going that fast for in the wet.

one less wanker on the roads thankfully.

Midland Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma

forget the "slamming on brakes"... what the **** was he going that fast for in the wet.

amen to that!

CTR_Paul
    [mounts high horse]Excellent, another c0ck off the roads. It sounds like he was driving far to fast for his ability and the conditions and so long as he's not injured that is good news.

I would imagine he's the sort of bellend that ramps people's insurance premiums up.[/sits happily on high horse]

Agreed, people need to slow down in the wet and during winter in general.

CTR's are poor in the wet, the suspension is pretty hard as standard and it's pretty tough to make them understeer. It's fantastic when it's dry as the handling is really neutral, in the wet however they tend to oversteer.

BTW what wheels did he have on there? They don't look OEM.

Punto Lover

Hand on heart Jimma have you never had an accident? If so you are one of the few that haven't. I think you're being a bit harsh personally. Comments like 'that fast' for example. I mean without being there to see the size of the roundabout or knowing which exit he was taking 50mph means nothing.

Tom

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast