Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zetec S vs Mk2 Sporting vs Focus vs MG ZR

tomcole17

Zetec S vs Mk2 Sporting vs Focus vs MG ZR

I will soon have a little over £3000 to spend on a new car, which one out of the group is best?

Mk1 Gt
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

tomcole17
    so do i, but im only 17 so....

mikeyb90
    well ive got a MK2 sporting and ive had a dabble with a 1.4 16v ZR and kept up with it and just about keep up with a zetec-s to about 80mph so all in all mate i would stick with a Mk2 sporting and for the money you get a lot more extras - trip computer which is a useful tool. even tho its girly - city steering is helpful in a jam!!!!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    My brother, just 18 has just bought a fiesta zetec for £2.200 on an X plate (we got mates rates), and it really nice to drive, nippy and its only £850 for him to insure. :-)

tomcole17
    there are good and bad points about both really, I just sold my mk2 sporting, using my step mums fiesta at the mo 1.4 ghia x, its a really nice little car, the only thing is, i find it handles a lot better than the punto a lot more grip, but in a split second it looses it, and your facing what you have just passed. is the mk2 sporting a big improvement on the mk1 though ?

Punto Lover
    Apparently the MK2 sporting is slower then the MK1

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb90
    well ive got a MK2 sporting and ive had a dabble with a 1.4 16v ZR and kept up with it and just about keep up with a zetec-s to about 80mph so all in all mate i would stick with a Mk2 sporting and for the money you get a lot more extras - trip computer which is a useful tool. even tho its girly - city steering is helpful in a jam!!!!

no way in the world a 1.2 16v sporting can keep up with a zetec s which are 1.6 16v,my mate had one,and i know they would absolutley rip a punto to pieces,very fast cars for what there are.
    the person you must have been racing cant have been trying unless it was the zetec 1.2

mikeyb90
    well my mate used to have one and he was raging the arse out of it and i had got my induction kit and cat back zorst system and until about 80 he was only just pulling away from me.

tomcole17
    its not just about the speed though, its the all round package, i no the fiestas qicker, but the punto is bigger and more comfortable, and will use less petrol, just cant decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast