Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: why are you basicly forced to become a member??

why are you basicly forced to become a member??

it seems while i have been on this forum, loads of stuff is "members only", you cant even edit your post unless you pay £15!! its just stupid how this forum is divided up between members and non members? can we even have signitures? NO, your basicly made to become a member if your actually going to use this forum?

over on fiat forum, without donating-

are we allowed the edit button? YES
    are we allowed signitures? YES
    are we allowed avitars? YES
    are we all treated the same whether you donate or not? YES
    is there a minimum your allowed to pay? NO, you can pay £1 or £20

i just hope this forum is going to become usable some time soon, and everyone treated the same, member or not.

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by myfiatpunto55sxisok
    it seems while i have been on this forum, loads of stuff is "members only", you cant even edit your post unless you pay £15!! its just stupid how this forum is divided up between members and non members? can we even have signitures? NO, your basicly made to become a member if your actually going to use this forum?

i just hope this forum is going to become usable some time soon, and everyone treated the same, member or not.

Some good points raised there !

this isn't fiat forum.

nor will it ever be fiat forum.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

the forum is called 'the PUNTO SPORTS CLUB forum'
    if you are really interested is £15 pound that much to put towards a club.
    i know i payed £15 to join cause tony told me too, and i immediately saved about £150 from him, i dont know anyone else who would have done that!
    Last edited by gt_boy; 24th November 2005 at 19:12. Reason: cause i can!!!!!

£15 straight out is alot to me, if we could pay £1 here and there thats fine, but no it has GOT to be £15 straight away, and then £10 each year, yes this may be a club, but it seems alot more like just a forum to me.

FiatPuntoSX
    You have a point Punto_GT, but surely if all areas are open to guests then this would attract more people to the forum. Some people hate having to fill in forms and confirmation links just to read about a lightbulb or if they don't have much time on their hands.

If they found the forum useful and were helped on the Punto Sports Forum then surely that would encourage them to become a member or donate to the club for their help.

If they need to post a message or reply then i can understand registering, but the internet is meant to be a huge and expansive resource - and free!

This is an excellent forum, surely the forum wants to grow and grow; it has much more potential.

Sorry for the rant, thought i would express my views.

Have a good day all,

Matt

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    How do you think you are treated differently to paying members? Have you bought anything from here? Have you received advice? The only thing between non members and members regarding the forum, are you can read posts in the members section and you can edit. If you read through what u had writen, maybe you wouldnt need to edit. :neutral:
    Not a dig, just a thought.

these arguements happen all the time.

you pay £15 if you WANT to. no one is forcing you to.

there are many many more owners clubs out there that ask you to pay for than £15.

and IF you do pay the £15 you get a lot of benefits in doing so.

you get a lot of discounts, and the extra forum access.

simple as that really.

you are not forced to join.

yes there are the "how to's" that are members only. but tbh, if you post up a question, it will get answered. simple as.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

i see what your saying but this club cant exsist without members and you have to have some privilleges to make you want to be a member, also you will save more than the joining fee on insurance alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

thing is, i can get just as good things on FF for free but on here i have to pay £15 and then £10 each year its just very annoying, and yes you do need things so people join but not things you can get for free on another website.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast