View Poll Results: Are you happy to keep in floored in 4th \ 5th?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

5 35.71%
  • Yes

9 64.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving it some...

Gearbox Abuser
    i think me and kas have alot in common except ive mannaged to kill mine. i would say that everytime ive drove my car and its warm ive redlined it ill keep it nailed in 4th and 5th even from as low as 3000rpm to the limmiter, overboosts loads to about 21psi. funny thing is that my engine seems fine, no smoke or horrid noises yet the box couldnt handle my mega quick changes 8)

Quote Originally Posted by minifreak
    ill keep it nailed in 4th and 5th even from as low as 3000rpm to the limmiter
    I used to to that, but i tried catchin up to an MG on the motorway once and just floored it in 5th got to 110 and me car filled up with a really bad burnin smell, needless to say i backed off and havent put that much load on the car again (i was movin some of me stuff back home and me boot was filled )

I redline it every journey religously, and have got some quick gear changes (as Debo found out yesterday - kicked his ass from the lights :P ) but its held together so far...........

I mostly boost from at least 3.5k rpm, mostly :P

Gearbox Abuser
    i must admit i wont let it over boost if ive got a car load but on my own i dont care.

Vibrio
    got no problem taking it to the max

Withnail
    I was a bit worried when I first got the car, floored it in 5th and saw it boost at 20psi but I've since been told that's fine, so I've got no problem doing that at all

hoyley boyley
    as long as its been warmed up properly i dont mind. there is a limiter there, so that *should* stop any engine explosions...

and the capt. sure dont as the drive home on sunday proved

puntodan
    lol now there is a suprise, the capt' not driving normally!! Sounds like most convoys!!

hoyley boyley
    yeah

a merc 190 was bothering me in the rear view so i 'made a gap between us'

next thing i know the rear view is full of yellow GT and it stayed that way till we hit traffic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12