Thread: Blackpool Illumination Cruise

Punto Enthusiast

Blackpool Illumination Cruise

Not sure weather there are many members on here from the north west but, cruiseblackpool.co.uk are holding an illumination cruise this sunday (sorry about the late notice) Over 100 members from the site will be there plus many more through word of mouth.Other cruise sites are attending aswell so there should be a massive turnout. As far as i know it is a `legal cruise` and aslo there will be awards, show n shine etc. I anybody wants to come down, p.m me and i will send you maps and info for meeting points. mike

Punto Enthusiast

Talking

how come when things happen close by, i am always busy and cant attend. Shame!!!

but i am getting married on saturday and i think i will have to turn up to that instead!! dont you!! hahaha

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel GT3
    how come when things happen close by, i am always busy and cant attend. Shame!!!

but i am getting married on saturday and i think i will have to turn up to that instead!! dont you!! hahaha
    its not a bad excuse

Punto Enthusiast
    Blackpool Illuminations Cruise – 6th November 2005 – 7pm Set Off

The night will be split into two parts, the first being the convoy through the illuminations and the second being the cruise at the final location. You do not have to take part in both these events but feel free to tag along to either.

There WILL be a Police presence throughout the event so make sure you, your car & your driving style is kept legal at all times otherwise you may be prosecuted. For the sake of future Blackpool Cruises/Events lets try and keep our sensible heads on.

Anyway, serious stuff over with, now the fun part...

Part 1 – The Convoy Through The Illuminations – 7:00pm
    Multimap Reference - (See Below)

The convoy will leave from Princess Way (north shore lower promenade) at 7pm sharp, please try to arrive early. Cars should be parked by the roadside pointing the right direction and not blocking the road ready for setting off.

We will be travelling over the tram tracks and turning RIGHT to go towards south shore, please don’t block the tramlines as your just asking for trouble, you may end up holding up the entire convoy or even damaging your car, Only cross if it is clear to do so!

We will be travelling down the prom towards Starr Gate at nominally 30mph (No more) and all traffic lights, speed cameras, junctions & other road laws MUST be adhered to! We do not need to be nose-to-tail all the way through the Convoy as there will be plenty of room at the final location. Just stick to the prom, keep your driving sensible and you’ll be fine.

Route photos will be added soon

Upon reaching Starr Gate junction take a LEFT just before the traffic lights onto Squires Gate Lane and travel over the bridge/hill.

Continue down Squires Gate Lane until you reach the Halfway House/Morrisons Traffic lights and take a RIGHT into the Business Park.

Take a RIGHT at the roundabout into the Morrisons Estate Car Park and find a safe (& legal) place to park that leaves roadways clear for other cruisers.

Part 2 – The Final Cruise Location – 9:00pm (Roughly)
    Multimap Reference - FY4 3AW

If you are NOT taking part in the illuminations convoy then please don’t arrive at the final location until AFTER 9:00PM as you may be turned away by the Police, we need to get the convoy all parked up and off the public road first before people start filling up the carpark. You won’t be missing anything anyway as there will be no one there till around 9:00pm.

The final location of the cruise will be the Morrisons Estate Car Park. When travelling to and arriving at the venue please take extra care and be considerate to other road users and residents of the Squires Gate Lane area. If the Police get enough complaints from these people about noise or anti-social driving then THEY WILL CLOSE THE CRUISE DOWN! Don’t be the moron who ruins it for everyone else, that goes for driving around the cruise & leaving the event too.

Now we have been given access to the land on the condition that there will be no litter left in the carpark after our event, past instances have meant venues being closed PERMINATELY due to some of the store owners having to clear up after the previous nights cruisers, if we ever want to have another cruise at this venue again we must try our best to keep this under control.

Right now that the above disclaimer is in effect, lets get to the other stuff

There is a McDonalds just next door to the Cruise so catering is sorted, pick your time well though as you don’t want to get stuck in a queue when 50 cars all go for a Big Mac at once.

There will be a few ‘Novelty Awards’ decided on the night such as:-

- Car of the Cruise
    - Best ICE
    - Best Graphics
    - Cleanest Car
    - Best Jap Car
    - Best German Car
    - Best French Car
    - etc.

These will all be posted up on the forum after the event and are just for a bit of fun.

There will be a voluntary collection going round for our partner charity ‘Donna’s Dream House’. Our charity co-ordinator Stacey (Miss Almera) will be wandering round with a collection bucket so if you see her then please give what you can. She’ll be wearing her official name badge with the Donna’s Logo on it so make sure it’s her your giving your money to and not someone else.

Finally just have fun at the event, have a look round some of the other cars, chat to a few new people and have a great night. If this Cruise is a big success then there’s nothing stopping this becoming a yearly event so lets all try our best to make it that way.

Any questions then please add them to this thread but please can we keep it free of spam so that people can clearly see the details, thanks.

Remember, stay safe, stay legal & have a good time

Ceeya there,
    Leon.

PS. Directions to 'Princess Way' are shown below for anyone who needs them..

Use the RAC Route Planner to find the Norbreck Castle Hotel (FY2 9AA),
    Princess Way is located roughtly a mile north of the hotel on the costal side of the promenade, turn left onto the lower promenade just before the zebra crossing:-

Got this info off cruiseblackpool.co.uk if anybody does want to come, let me know and i can get yuo other maps if required.

Banned
    Must say you've spent some time on that thread. It's very well done tho mate, im thinkin of driving down like. Might be able to get a couple of other puntos from up here aswell.

Punto Enthusiast
    the organizer wrote all that and did the pics, i just copied & paste :-) You can see from one of the pics from a cruiseblackpool event last year that plenty of people turn up,should be a good nite

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goldpunto16V
    the organizer wrote all that and did the pics, i just copied & paste :-) You can see from one of the pics from a cruiseblackpool event last year that plenty of people turn up,should be a good nite
    I was thinking it wasnt you since the R32 give it away a bit